Any options after ebay has ruled for the buyer in dispute?

Hi,

Looking for some advice on my options here. And probably venting a little here. 

A buyer purchased an item that was repaired by the manufacturer, they gave me another 2 years warranty on top of this. I sold the item on ebay and i said it was under warranty in the description. So the item sells and 2 weeks after they receive it, i receive a refund request from the buyer claiming it was not under warranty so therefor i lied on my desciption and they want a refund. 

Through the refund system, i advise it is under warranty, provide pictures of emails from the manufacturer proving it is and also the repair receipt etc. They're still not happy and want a refund. Several times through the open refund ticket request i advised if they called the manufacturer with the serial number they could confirm this, they did not.

Some back and forth messaging via the refund system, i'm polite and as helpful as i can be. This gets escalated to ebay. I thought i was in a good spot, i'd provided evidence its under warranty and there should be no issue.

So today, ebay rules for the buyer and advised them to send it back for a full refund. When they see the postage has arrived back to me, they will chargeback my paypal. 

When i called ebay, they said it was the correct decision, because it was my word against theirs.  When i explained i attached photos the warranty was valid, they said they could not see it and can only action what they have access to. I then send emails to the cust support email with photos of the receipt, warranty proof and also a picture of them attached to the request ticket. They are now telling me that i should have it repaired and resell it when it gets back to me (so obviously no one is reading the history of this issue, or even why the refund request was initiated on their helpdesk). When i repeatedly ask them how do they overlook the proof i provided, they do not respond to these questions. Just generice responses about within guidelines etc.

So i'm at a loss here. Do i have any options as the seller? Do i just have to take it? Is there further escalation i can look for? They said to wait for it to come back and then i can appeal. But in my mind, it's too late then. I think the customer has just had a change of mind and wants out. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Any options after ebay has ruled for the buyer in dispute?

I don't doubt you were given a further 2 year warranty on repairs.

However, are you sure the warranty is transferable because most are not ???

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, 100% transferable. Confirmed with manufacturer, both through their customer support desk and its written on their website. And even gave the buyer instructions on how to transfer. Also offered to do it for her if calling them was too much bother. All this was within the conversation we had in the refund request. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What comes to mind is the buyer may think the warranty is for the repair only and didn't realize the item had been repaired.

Hence the warranty is unlike a new warranty and not cover the full item.

Either way, eBay tend to favour a buyer request and is difficult to prove otherwise.

Sometimes on eBay it is better to bite the bullet and accept buyer's request. 

It sold for around 260 with 36 postage, I think you should have no trouble in reselling with clear details it has been repaired in the description.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ask the buyer how she came to the conclusion that the item is not under warranty. Is that her only reason for wanting to return or is the item not working?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply