Anyone else have any problems with sales today?

I had a customer order three items, the order was grouped together when I checked MyEbay. I then checked my emails and paypal and I recieved two payments for the order (2 x the order total). I short while later I couldn't log into ebay, then when it finally worked the order was split into 3 seperate orders with the total order price (of all 3 items) for each one.

I then checked my account fees and I have been charged the correct FVF for each item but I was charged twice for the postage fee component.

Very strange, hopefully it works itself out.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

... and its not even Friday yet.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Funny you say that. I purchased 3 items just the other day and paid in one transaction (to save the seller separate paypal fees). I happened to log into paypal today and low and behold, my single payment has been split into two seperate payments. The purchase was made from a pc not a mobile.

As a seller, I prefer buyers to purchase in one transaction but now I am strongly suspecting tinkering going on beyond the buyer making the purchase, to maximise fees from a paypal perspective.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I had a few problems today, as well, mostly cart and checkout related, causing separate payments and the like, or buyers not being able to add more items to the cart. I wish they'd fix these things...

sigh

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Yes... customers are buying multiple items (from multiple item listings) while only meaning to purchase one of them.

Silly Ebay.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:
Yes... customers are buying multiple items (from multiple item listings) while only meaning to purchase one of them.

Silly Ebay.

I'm not entirely sure how to read your post but they ordered 3 items and they got charged twice the price for everything and the info in my sold list is corrupted. eBay harp on about customer service but they have none for me or the end user.

Now MyEbay is full of nonsense information and a customer has been charged twice. For all I know my customer has been charged twice on an overdrawn credit card (next I will get a chargeback). Love your work ebay..... Maybe paypal are to blame....

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes I have problems with 'sales' to today like most other days on ebay recently - I haven't had any !!!!!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I literally came to this thread intending to say that... we should be friends...
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

and me - nothing since last night.

I thought I'd payed the bill but the lights went out anyway (sigh)

One of my sales last night was a high value book so I guess I've used up my share Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

@saarzi wrote:

Silly Ebay.

I'm not entirely sure how to read your post but they ordered 3 items and they got charged twice the price for everything and the info in my sold list is corrupted. eBay harp on about customer service but they have none for me or the end user.

Now MyEbay is full of nonsense information and a customer has been charged twice. For all I know my customer has been charged twice on an overdrawn credit card (next I will get a chargeback). Love your work ebay..... Maybe paypal are to blame....

you asked if anyone was having problems with sales today. My reply was-

Yes (I am), (my) customers are buying multiple items (from multiple item listings) while only meaning to purchase one of them.

My customers would commit to buy ONE of my items, and it came up as though they had commited to buy multiple - so multiple sales were made, per person. They weren't charged for all of them though, only the original one. I emailed them to ask if they meant to buy more than one (because it happened to a few customers - odd), and they said no, so I cancelled the other multiple sales.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply