Anyone else think this is dodgy ?

Item 151454857813. Feedback rating a shocker. 2 items, both just seem dodgey ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I certainly wouldn't buy from him

Someone bought a boat and trailer without even looking at it... only gave him a neutral though..

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I just tried to look at it and it says item has been removed,so must have been something wrong with the listing.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I'm seeing buyer x**x

x**x bid spent 100% total bids with 5 of this seller's items.Seller has only listed 2 in the last 15 days.

Very possibly is what you are thinking & i would be interested to follow the sellers next listings to see if x**x is bidding.

Seller's ID looks familiar for some reason.

Is that  the issue that you were wondering about?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

x***x has been very busy indeed buying from this seller...from recently completed listings he has had the winning bids on 2 cars & 1 boat not to mention he has bid on all boats/cars this seller has listed...Interesting!!!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I looked up shill bidding yesterday, because I didn't really know what it meant..but now I see..

has had to relist a boat after x*** won.. and another item after another low feedback buyer won.. very interesting.. so this is how it would look i suppose..

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@weez_1963 wrote:

x***x has been very busy indeed buying from this seller...from recently completed listings he has had the winning bids on 2 cars & 1 boat not to mention he has bid on all boats/cars this seller has listed...Interesting!!!

Interestingly, the boat he won was relisted, which makes me wonder if the sale 'fell through' *wink wink*. Although, Mr X also bid on the relisted item that ended a week later. Either the seller hasn't taken new photos or he's resold the same boat as the numbers on the side are identical.....just the main photo has been changed between ads.

Call me cynical, but it all looks rather suspect to me. Then again, it could be a dealer buying stuff to resell. Why buy one boat though, then when it's relisted for whatever the reason, bid on it again? I think it's more suspect than a dealer.

He mustn't be interested in phones though, he didn't bid on that one.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

I looked up shill bidding yesterday, because I didn't really know what it meant..but now I see..

has had to relist a boat after x*** won.. and another item after another low feedback buyer won.. very interesting.. so this is how it would look i suppose..

lizzy, it's not always that cut and dried.

Sometimes, genuine sellers get burnt by newbie buyers not paying.

So then they have to re-list.  So you can't always make assumptions.

But, in this case...............needs a closer look, methinks

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

lizzy, it's not always that cut and dried.

Sometimes, genuine sellers get burnt by newbie buyers not paying.

So then they have to re-list.  So you can't always make assumptions.

But, in this case...............needs a closer look, methinks

Especially as Mr X bid on the relisted boat that he'd won a week before. It could be a feedback building thing too. Either way, they do need a closer look.

I don't think the seller will be listing anything for awhile. Not with a feedback of 88% anyway!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry sheepie - too tired to play tonight.

Get the bad guys another time 

StarTrekGoodNight.gif

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply