Anyone know how to use the registered post prepaid label?

yoko.yty
Community Member
Hi i bought bunch of the prepaid registered post label here and wanna use it to send something using my own envelope and stamps. On the sticker label, theres 1 smaller one "sender to keep" and 1 big one that i should paste on my envelope. Do i just paste on anywhere on the envelope, along with stamps and the receiver address? Anything extra i need to put there? Can i just drop it in the red post box or i have to lodge it at the po?
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

have you gone to australia posts website and entered the tracking number into the search box there?

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
Yea it just shows the date i posted it and the status "in transit" appear since Tuesday...
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@yoko.yty wrote:
Yea it just shows the date i posted it and the status "in transit" appear since Tuesday...

These days I find it will usually show 'in transit' until the day it arrives at the destination PO and is 'with the driver for delivery'.  Quite often even that scan doesn't show, you just get either the 'Delivered' scan or returned 'Waiting Collection' comment.

As it's only been 2 days I wouldn't stress too much yet - the important thing is the initial scan is showing Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
Oh so if i only drop it in red street box it wont even show anything until it reaches the destination PO m i right?๐Ÿค”
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Smiley Happy in most circumstances yes you are correct.  It may sometimes be scanned along the way (eg at sorting centre) but you can never rely on that happening and these days I find that scan rarely takes place.

The other really big issue these days is with the late shipping defect.  If you don't have the item scanned when posted within your handling time you could end up with a defect, so that also makes dropping in a red box a no-no as there is no record you posted within your stated handling time.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
Ok so i think i better do it in counter when there is a chance -.-
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply