Anyone know if the ebay flat rate satchels have been discontinued?

As of last week, the postage option for ebay flat rate satchels has disappeared and now the only option is the new high price Australia Post flat rate satchels is available. Not getting much joy from ebay with answers....anyone know what's happening to them?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Anyone know if the ebay flat rate satchels have been discontinued?

Unfortunately, it appears Sendle is a few dollars cheaper. For small parcels, at least

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Yes, I have seen that Dave......all the more reason for sellers to use it, unfortunately.

If I come across a seller who lists with AP as the service and then uses Sendle without a reduction in postage charges hey will surely get a neutral or negative from me....depending on how the rest of the transaction goes.

I would hope the sellers will list both services and allow the buyers to make up their own minds which service they wish to pay for and receive.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I read through the sendle terms and conditions and have to say they turned me off. No insurance coverage for second hand items and they are allowed to open parcels to check contents if they feel it may contain dangerous goods.

As far as pricing and PO Boxes I have found metro deliveries are cheap but a parcel from sydney to bathurst is $20 instead of AP's $8.95. Makes me think they may use a courier for collection and AP for delivery for rural when PO boxes are used.

My guess the ones that may use it are the occasional sellers who no little of how they work and the delays and issues that can arise when things don't go right.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Most of the larger courier companies have a clause covering Dangerous Goods.

You would be surprised how many senders think the rules do not apply to them.   A lot of so called dangerous goods are perfectly OK so send as long as they are properly packaged and labeled and sent by road only.

Does Sendle actually have AP as a delivery option?  That seems strange to me.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Not sure what sendle use but would like to know why the price is so high for rural and how they handle PO boxes when going through ebay. I thought many years ago (15) fastways would handle rurlal freight this way.

My concern is not so much with dangerous goods but they can open to check any parcel they see fit. Which I understand but when reading all the terms they have it gives them alot of ways to get out of responsibility.  

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Sendle is a courier broker but a far as I know the main courier they use is Fastway.....and Fastway has a reputation of taking forever to deliver rural parcels....or not at all.

No courier except StarTrack can deliver to a PO Box.....the surcharge is too high to make it a viable option for most courier companies.

I have to agree about them opening any parcel they see fit but AP also has that condition.....if they suspect any parcel of containing dangerous or restricted goods they can open it (if the customer has ticked that option) or return it to the sender.

Some of the StarTrack drivers have to regularly deal with suspect mail but my OH never does as his run is in the Sydney CBD and the ATO, Passport Office and District Court tend not to break the rules.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

I'm not connected with eol-products, but, in response to your Question, Not to my knowledge. I'm sure I've seen Seller offering them as an Option.
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

If your parcel volumes is above 5 items a week then forget eBay and open an AusPost business account.

Sliding scale of discounts, but 6-9 items average per week is a 10% discount.  

Interfaced with eBay toi import transactions and you can also use for other shipments.

Subject to your volumes, why humour eBay?

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

What question?

Lyndal, with decades of experience in the courier industry, stated facts.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

FYI the discount rates for My Post business have changed. Used to be flat 10% now depends on where the parcel is headed.
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply