Anyone opted out of Click & Collect?

I received a notice that unless I opted out, starting in a few days my items would be included in the Click & Collect trial (where buyers can collect from Woolworths or Big W etc).

Now, I'm not very keen on this idea as it's hard enough to chase up missing parcels without a third party in the middle.

The email says that if I "do not meet the criteria and do not want to participate in the trial please reply by ... If we do not hear from you we assume you will be happy to proceed on this basis."

Well my items seem eligible but I still want out. So does anybody know what to do?

There's also no link to opt out, so I presume I have to write a reply to their email (urgh)?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

i got one to its from ebay.com not ebay.com.au and the emaik address it was sent to is   
 eBay ClickandCollect<clickandcollect@ebay.com>;

not my email address i dont think i would repy to the email at this time

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

This is from the Click & Collect FAQs section (my items aren't eligible, so I've never attempted to opt out, but presumably most of this info is correct) :

Can I disable or opt out of Click & Collect?

If you'd prefer not to offer a Click & Collect service for your buyers, you can opt out certain listings anytime.

Steps to opt out differ depending on the tool(s) you use.

• To opt out at the time of creating a listing, look for the check box in the postage and payments section of the listing form.
  • To opt out through My eBay go to site preferences and deselecting ‘Offer Click & Collect’
  • To opt out using Business Policies, a new policy with the same postage options but excluding Click & Collect must be created and assigned to the listings.
  • To opt out using the Bulk Edit and Relist Tool or Seller Manager /Pro go to ‘Edit field > Postage (domestic) and opt out the listings you don’t want included.
  • Opt out using Magento the shipping policy with appropriate settings should be used. Within the policy the "Click & Collect Opt-out" option should be set to Yes.
  • To opt out using File Exchange, update the File Exchange template to disable the Click & Collect field.
  • To opt out using eBay LINK:
  • Create the product groups in LINK
  • Disable all eBay feeds in LINK
  • Enable Business Policies in LINK and in your eBay account
  • Create the shipping Business Policies in eBay
  • Create new shipping methods with the exact same name as the Business Policies in LINK, and assign a product group to them
  • To opt out using Neto – view their instructions

You can choose to opt out of Click & Collect completely. If you change your mind, you can opt back in.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/click-and-collect-faqs

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Guess what just muscled its way into a few dozen of my listings yesterday, all by itself...

Everything that I relisted since Thursday's free listings (or possibly Friday, being that magical day in eBay-land) has had to be revised in order to to disable Click & Collect, all because I haven't updated my preferences in the past six months or more. Yes, that's right, eBay in their infinite wisdom automatically enabled it for everyone!

For those who don't want to bother with C&C and haven't disabled it in your preferences yet (My eBay -> Account -> Site Preferences -> Postage preferences -> Offer Click & Collect), check all of your newest/relisted items before someone buys something expecting it to be available!
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check my listing and see if they have done it to me.

What kind of moron assumes everyone will opt in to this c.r.a.p??? 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@repoohsj52 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check my listing and see if they have done it to me.

I'm guessing the same moron(s) that opted US and UK sellers into the Global Shipping Program.

At least the post as cleared up something that was puzzling me.....how stuff I knew Woolies didn't sell was suddenly available for collection from them.  Unfortunately it also means that many of the sellers who agree to this, that I have purchased from, also opt for signed courier delivery instead of plain ordinary Aust Post mail.  Grrrrr.  In the end I may just dismiss these sellers from my buying as easily as I ignore the GSP.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@repoohsj52 wrote:

I'm suggesting the ones who sent a message to sellers last week saying they would be opted into C&C as of 16/3 or the ones who sent a message to sellers on 16/3 stating they had now been opted in.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

Unfortunately it also means that many of the sellers who agree to this, that I have purchased from, also opt for signed courier delivery instead of plain ordinary Aust Post mail.  Grrrrr.  In the end I may just dismiss these sellers from my buying as easily as I ignore the GSP.

To qualify for inclusion into Click & Collect, the primary requirement is that postage is free. Originally, the postage service used had to be trackable (which doesn't always mean signature required, especially with AP parcel post), but eBay may (and has) included items with non-trackable services selected. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I haven't opted out (yet), but did notice it in my listings when I was doing them. None of my items are free post any more, so not sure if it shows up as an option or not. I might check one of my listings via the other account and see.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

thank you !!! instructions worked !! 
only had one issue with click and collect and wanted to get out of it... so bloody confusing 

@heihachi_73 wrote:
Guess what just muscled its way into a few dozen of my listings yesterday, all by itself...

Everything that I relisted since Thursday's free listings (or possibly Friday, being that magical day in eBay-land) has had to be revised in order to to disable Click & Collect, all because I haven't updated my preferences in the past six months or more. Yes, that's right, eBay in their infinite wisdom automatically enabled it for everyone!

For those who don't want to bother with C&C and haven't disabled it in your preferences yet (My eBay -> Account -> Site Preferences -> Postage preferences -> Offer Click & Collect), check all of your newest/relisted items before someone buys something expecting it to be available!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply