Aramex

May I request Ebay to please ban Aramex from getting the deliveries of our orders.  Aramex is so horrible.  They have already lost many parcels and are taking ages before they deliver.   If Aramex continues to do deliveries and pick up, I might be out of Ebay.  

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Aramex

@lou.ve.me wrote:

May I request Ebay to please ban Aramex from getting the deliveries of our orders.  Aramex is so horrible.  They have already lost many parcels and are taking ages before they deliver.   If Aramex continues to do deliveries and pick up, I might be out of Ebay.  

That's rich coming from someone who uses Sendle for their postage option, when there's a good chance that either Aramex or Couriers Please will be used by them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284995564944?hash=item425b0f3590:g:W~kAAOSwpVFhPyxL

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

What's wrong with using regular Australia Post?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

You, yourself make the choice to (almost certainly) use them

You choose Sendle, cheap and nasty courier broker option who mostly source the courier you are complaining about....and then ask on a member to member forum that eBay do not read for eBay to not let you choose them

Mmmm hmmmmm

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

I agree that they are really bad, but eBay won't read here, and they don't accept suggestions anyway.

I wish sellers gave buyers the opportunity to pay more for a better service.  They could at least offer the choice. And if they are using Aramex, they should clearly indicate it in the listing instead of just indicating "standard parcel delivery" or "free postage". I have to ask every time now if I really want something, otherwise I will just pass.

There is always a problem with them, and I do try to avoid them, but some sellers indicate AusPost and then use Aramex, and international services now very often use them as the final local courier (for example the new international service offered by eBay).

Either they lose parcels altogether, or they leave them unattended downstairs in an apartment building, or they keep parcels onboard for delivery for something like 2 weeks (not funny when you know they are going to leave parcels unattended downstairs, so you have to be home and refresh the tracking every ten minutes or so), or they take over 6 weeks to deliver from Sydney to where I live (about half an hour by car).

The last time I bought from iHerb, postage said they used either AusPost or Aramex (in the past it was only AusPost), so I had to ask them to please use AusPost... Luckily, they complied.

Sendle is good where I live (they take 2 days to deliver from Victoria to NSW). Luckily they don't use Aramex, but it is a bit of a risk because in some areas they do, so as a buyer I am fine with Sendle because I know they are not using Aramex in my area, but if I were a seller I would avoid them too, just in case they use Aramex and then buyers have a problem and are angry.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

I meant about 75 minutes in my previous message.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

Aramex is only as good as it's local franchisees.

I think I have the best Aramex franchisee in the country here, they are absolutely fantastic.

Always delivers ahead of expected delivery date, and accommodates any special requests. 

They are way ahead of all their opposition in terms of service and reliability. 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I agree that they are really bad, but eBay won't read here, and they don't accept suggestions anyway.

I wish sellers gave buyers the opportunity to pay more for a better service.  They could at least offer the choice. And if they are using Aramex, they should clearly indicate it in the listing instead of just indicating "standard parcel delivery" or "free postage". I have to ask every time now if I really want something, otherwise I will just pass.

There is always a problem with them, and I do try to avoid them, but some sellers indicate AusPost and then use Aramex, and international services now very often use them as the final local courier (for example the new international service offered by eBay).

Either they lose parcels altogether, or they leave them unattended downstairs in an apartment building, or they keep parcels onboard for delivery for something like 2 weeks (not funny when you know they are going to leave parcels unattended downstairs, so you have to be home and refresh the tracking every ten minutes or so), or they take over 6 weeks to deliver from Sydney to where I live (about half an hour by car).

The last time I bought from iHerb, postage said they used either AusPost or Aramex (in the past it was only AusPost), so I had to ask them to please use AusPost... Luckily, they complied.

Sendle is good where I live (they take 2 days to deliver from Victoria to NSW). Luckily they don't use Aramex, but it is a bit of a risk because in some areas they do, so as a buyer I am fine with Sendle because I know they are not using Aramex in my area, but if I were a seller I would avoid them too, just in case they use Aramex and then buyers have a problem and are angry.

Paper, Sendle is not a courier, they are a broker and choose the courier, which is always the cheapest   i.e. Aramex or Couriers please.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

I don't know if Couriers Please is cheaper here.

They certainly don't use Aramex because they are so quick, and not dressed in red either (I have seen a lady deliver one of my parcels).

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Aramex

@earthdreamer wrote:

Aramex is only as good as it's local franchisees.

I think I have the best Aramex franchisee in the country here, they are absolutely fantastic.

Always delivers ahead of expected delivery date, and accommodates any special requests. 

They are way ahead of all their opposition in terms of service and reliability. 

I totally agree. I have read plenty of absolute horror stories on here, yet personally, I can't fault them. I have received my items from interstate within 24 to 48 hours after them receiving the package. They knock on the door and if no one is home, they take it back to the depot (it's obvious my front door isn't a safe place). They try to redeliver the next day, and if there is still no one at home, they leave a card to go collect.

I wonder why they can get it right in both our regional areas, yet manage to stuff it up completely in other areas? Is it the difference between rural/regional and city?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply