Attention sellers using Aramex (Fastway) Couriers

If you are using Aramex (Fastway) Couriers, your attention is drawn to the following review site:-

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.fastway.com.au

This is a good way to lose customers.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have seen numerous comments by people on these boards over the years and thought they were just the bad experiences among many unsung good experiences.  Kind of how people tend to vent about the bad stuff rather than the good.  But seeing this really makes them look very bad!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is a very long running thread on these boards with complaints (and the very odd compliment) about Fastway.

From the perspective of someone who has been in the industry for over 30 years they have the reputation of being the worst company in the industry.   I doubt that they will ever change for the better.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sellers decide things like this on a risk  vs reward basis.

In the case of using a courier like Aramex, the risk is the dissatisfaction rate from their customers when a problem is experienced, and the reward would (I'm assuming) be cheaper shipping rates.

If the risk outweighs a reward, it is generally incentive enough for a seller to adjust the practice and change carriers.

If a seller does not change carriers, it can be logically presumed that the reward outweighs the risk, which in turn suggests not enough customers experience problems, and / or that the problems experienced are not great enough to cause complaint. 

(I don't like Fastway / Aramex either, if but just because I've found them to be the slowest couriers in Aus, and because if I miss a delivery, the drop-off point is strangely quite far from where I am, but you have to apply rational logic to the situation in its entirety - a seller isn't going to change their entire shipping model just because I say "I don't like it", IYKWIM). 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

exactly!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@817millen wrote:

If you are using Aramex (Fastway) Couriers, your attention is drawn to the following review site:-

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.fastway.com.au

This is a good way to lose customers.

And what do you suggest as the alternative.

Fast way have 97% bad reviews on this site,  take a look at Australia Post, 93% bad reviews,  not much better really.

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/community.auspost.com.au

Maybe you need to look at that review site, it is aimed at the complainers and whingers,  rather then a true cross section of the community and services delivered by both companies

But why let truth (pilot) get in the way of facts.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I know a lot of people have issues with Fastway and I can understand why. All my experiences have been 100% positive. I can't fault them. When they say they are going to be here, they are here. Mostly overnight deliveries, but sometimes 2 days. Given I am in a rural area, I can't complain. 

The issue with review sites is, people tend to seek them out when they are angry about an item or service. Once upon a time, people would leave good and bad reviews, but these days, if you have a good experience, you don't tend to go to review sites to boast about it. You don't have the need to. Therefore, treat review sites with caution. They are very much swayed to the negative these days. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My parcel was picked up on the 14th December. The last update on the same day said that it was being processed. Not sure where my parcel currently is as they haven't responded to emails and won't answer the phone. I hate SlowWay. Not the first time that a parcel has gone walkabout 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Our family have had 4 parcels this week not delivered correctly by aramex. If you ship via them you are killing your business. Word of warning too if you say your shipping via AusPost and ship by aramex its grounds on misleading seller. I despise this courier with a passion
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I've had more than 25 packages sent via fastway/aramax just this year alone so far from ebay purchases and not one has been delivered. I simply end up opening a case and getting my money back. I add messages to the seller not to use them, but the sellers don't care.  Clearly they are offering fright at a few dollars. Seller gets the money in the short term, then after a small battle with ebay, I get my money back.  I don't know why ebay permits fastway. They should prohibit sellers from using them.

To the SELLERS out there do yourself a favour, DO NOT USE FASTWAY/ARAMAX COURIERS.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply