Aus Post Tracking not updating .. i'm worried.

This is my partner's account but we both use it however this is my first time that i personally have sold stuff on ebay. On monday i sent off a post parcel, just a regular padded parcel with the thing the person bought, with the package i got a tracking number. Though it's now been 4 days and the tracking number still says that it was just accepted from me at my post office and hasn't changed in 4 days. I am worried about the parcel, i assume by now that it should have moved from my local post office. Has anyone else had this happen to them?, is it just that some people at aus post are lazy and don't scan the parcels to say where it is? Or should i be really worried that something has happened to it..oh please don't say to be worried.

- Alicia

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

I disagree, Australia Post is - in my experience - not very reliable.
Certainly, every post is going to make mistakes and parcels go missing anywhere in the world. However, I've lived in Germany for most of my life, now in Australia for 5 years, and every single year, I send parcels off to Germany express post (meant to take a few business days, usually takes over a month, if not two months), same with postcards abroad and in-country AUS -> AUS parcels. I understand AP is busier around Christmas, but does my old Grandfather really have to wait two months for one little present that lights up his day, when I pay for the quickest postage? The other way around (at least until the point the parcel arrives somewhere in Australia), it's much quicker. Of course, then there's that stereotypical belief that Germans are very good at planning. The German post certainly lives up to it!  Maybe I therefore have high expectations of Australia Post and it's doing well compared to other Western countries. Who knows. 

In general, postage of anything but letters takes longer than from a business management point of view seems efficient. And I've only just experienced the "Pending - no events yet" scenario with two of my Ebay purchases, one of which has been like that for 4 days now.
Does "No events yet" still mean the seller has definitely sent the item? Or could it also mean they just typed in a random number to fool the buyer, but never actually sent anything? Because I think that's what most of us buyers are worried about with this.

Message 41 of 69
Latest reply

Apart from the fact that this thread is 12 months, at least, old, 'no events' means no scanned tracking events.

It could be the seller hasn't posted.

It  could mean the item was sent as a letter.

It probably means, if a parcel, that the seller didn't lodge over the counter at a Post Office. In which case often the first scanning event is the 'delivered' one, which you would probably find superfluous.

Edit: Make that 3 and a half YEARS

Message 42 of 69
Latest reply

Yes I too have done this for the first time through
EBay I don't think I'll do it again to stressful not only am I worrying if my parcel is going to attic e in p e piece I am fighting to get my money off ebay even though they know the parcel has been polyester have the tracking number still won't give me my money
Message 43 of 69
Latest reply

OMG you posted an item worth $2300?  I hope you took out extra insurance.

Paypal will hold your money for 21 days as you have no feedback as a seller.

They do this to make sure the buyer gets their item.  Have you uploaded the tracking

number? 

When it shows delivered, then call them and ask for your funds to be released.

Message 44 of 69
Latest reply

Your item only ended 5 days ago....unless it was sold to someone locally it would not have time to be delivered interstate.

Your money will not be released until the tracking shows that it has been delivered.

Message 45 of 69
Latest reply

ther_d
Community Member

Message 46 of 69
Latest reply

I sent a parcel on toll priority with tracking number it has not updated on eBay and I have waited a week to get paid after spending hrs contacting eBay my buyer is upset I never recieved money as well bring on amazon
Message 47 of 69
Latest reply

Do you want to add some punctuation to your message so it makes more sense? I'm not sure if you're blaming Amazon or what. 

In regards to Amazon, be careful what you wish for. It's not the breath of fresh air people are thinking it might be. Their fees alone make eBay look like a walk in the park. Amazon is NOT going to bring eBay unstuck. It certainly hasn't in the US or any other country where it's active.

Message 48 of 69
Latest reply

If it's the Samsung, the buyer has left feedback for it as being received...................

Did you send it without cleared payment, because that's what it appears in your post? If payment has been made and you're on the 21 day hold on funds then eBay might release it if you phone them and point out that feedback has been left.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=880&levelHierarchy=3a4a2

Edit. G'day Tippy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 49 of 69
Latest reply

Glad you could make sense of that mess Padi, I'm still scratching my head trying to work it out. I've tried adding punctuation in various places but it still doesn't make any sense. 

Message 50 of 69
Latest reply