Aus Post Tracking not updating .. i'm worried.

This is my partner's account but we both use it however this is my first time that i personally have sold stuff on ebay. On monday i sent off a post parcel, just a regular padded parcel with the thing the person bought, with the package i got a tracking number. Though it's now been 4 days and the tracking number still says that it was just accepted from me at my post office and hasn't changed in 4 days. I am worried about the parcel, i assume by now that it should have moved from my local post office. Has anyone else had this happen to them?, is it just that some people at aus post are lazy and don't scan the parcels to say where it is? Or should i be really worried that something has happened to it..oh please don't say to be worried.

- Alicia

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

That may be OK but it's pretty hard if you have believed eBay and Australia Post that their tracking process works and then it fails on you. And do remember, eBay IS implicated in this because it is on their own website that the so-called easy option postage solution is offered. With so much money being spent on postage throughout Australia, you'd think eBay might encourage Australia Post to eitrher lift its game, or find an alternative, better option to offer its customers.

Message 21 of 69
Latest reply

I have sent 2 parcels with tracking recently from Melbourne to Melbourne and they have gone via NSW and taken days longer than needed to arrive:(

Message 22 of 69
Latest reply

I have found it pretty common to have parcels first scanned as they are being delivered. It makes it difficult to answer buyers questions about why there tracking number is showing no events (sometimes for weeks). It frustrated me enough to call auspost central office about it, to which the phone operator informed me... Sometimes we are just too busy to scan tracking... Makes one wonder what’s the point of offering tracking??? Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 69
Latest reply

Some people are just good sellers like that and want to follow up with the service they provide. Some people care about what there selling and if it is arriving as it should , they will go the extra yard.. why your even questioning/wondering that I dont know. I do actualy your an obnoxious seller. Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 69
Latest reply

@eb_yuser2727 wrote:

Some people are just good sellers like that and want to follow up with the service they provide. Some people care about what there selling and if it is arriving as it should , they will go the extra yard.. why your even questioning/wondering that I dont know. I do actualy your an obnoxious seller. Smiley Very Happy

First off, please don't come in here and dredge up old threads. If you have an issue, start a new one. Second, it's not wise to come in here and call a very experienced, highly respected forum member obnoxious. Comments like that can mean the difference between you getting help with an issue and not.

Message 25 of 69
Latest reply

old thread .....

Message 26 of 69
Latest reply

This is the thing , definately  lazy, I have gone to the PO to pick up my other mail, and my parcell was there, but when checking on auspost tracking site ,it is still saying excepted at whereever it was coming from.

Message 27 of 69
Latest reply

qball28
Community Member
I've had 2 items still saying not delivered. 1 that went to kalbarri months ago ( but obviously was delivered as the buyer gave me possitive feedback) and 1 from 5 of February that still only says accepted at post office I posted at, I opened an investigation on that 1 and they didn't find anything about it. ( but I assume the item got delivered as there hasn't been any complaints whatsoever.) I emailed the buyer, who didn't answer too and no feedback either.
Message 28 of 69
Latest reply

@qball28 wrote:
I've had 2 items still saying not delivered. 1 that went to kalbarri months ago ( but obviously was delivered as the buyer gave me possitive feedback) and 1 from 5 of February that still only says accepted at post office I posted at, I opened an investigation on that 1 and they didn't find anything about it. ( but I assume the item got delivered as there hasn't been any complaints whatsoever.) I emailed the buyer, who didn't answer too and no feedback either.

Was that before or after this thread was timely?

Message 29 of 69
Latest reply

After, I suppose. I thought it's always relevant.👦
Message 30 of 69
Latest reply