Aus Post Tracking not updating .. i'm worried.

This is my partner's account but we both use it however this is my first time that i personally have sold stuff on ebay. On monday i sent off a post parcel, just a regular padded parcel with the thing the person bought, with the package i got a tracking number. Though it's now been 4 days and the tracking number still says that it was just accepted from me at my post office and hasn't changed in 4 days. I am worried about the parcel, i assume by now that it should have moved from my local post office. Has anyone else had this happen to them?, is it just that some people at aus post are lazy and don't scan the parcels to say where it is? Or should i be really worried that something has happened to it..oh please don't say to be worried.

- Alicia

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Hi Alicia, this is one of the main reasons for negative feedback one eBay, due to slow delivery and lack of information from Australia Post. The buyer has no idea when his parcel is being delivered until the day it says "on board with driver for delivery today". In my case, the buyer paid for his item on Friday and I posted it first thing on Saturday morning. Today is Monday, still no notices and it is still lodged with my local PO. My local PO informed me that the parcel will not be delivered until Tuesday. I live in a outer metropolitan area and it is being delivered to a Melbourne metropolitan area by express post. Now, if the receiver checks the tracking on Monday, it will say at my local PO and say they may be working on Tuesday and receive a notification in mail to pick up parcel on Wednesday. This is completely unsatisfactory, as 5 days has elapsed since the eBay buyer made payment, I offered express post and buyer may experience frustration and give me negative feedback. Australia Post have changed their notifications. A while ago, the tracking would show a way point, such as "at xx PO ready for delivery". I believe this is a cost cutting exercise by AP and the tracking provided now is next to useless.

Message 31 of 69
Latest reply

Apart from the fact that the OP is unlikely to be back after nearly TWO YEARS, Tuesday is correct. Saturday is not a standard business day, so the 'next' day count starts on Monday. If the buyer isn't available for receipt, that is neither your nor AP's fault.

Message 32 of 69
Latest reply

You need to understand the system before complaining.

If you post an item in a street box on Saturday it will not be collected till Sunday night.

If you hand it in at the PO on Saturday morning it will not leave the PO till Monday.

You will probably find that neither method will see the parcel scanned till sometime Monday or even Tuesday when it is being delivered.

Message 33 of 69
Latest reply

LOL tracking! it's only any good if each AustPost layabout along the chain swipes the barcode! many do not so thats why you never get past lodgement or sorting centre update on many tracking # entries!

I'm quite sure Royal Post or USPS or Bundespost rarely have this problem but as we have a hillbilly system here what you get is, well what you get!

Message 34 of 69
Latest reply

Every postal system in the world has its faults and failures.

Australia Post is by no means the worst and is certainly not a hillbilly system....it is far better than most.

Message 35 of 69
Latest reply

hsvcom57-8
Community Member
I had a small parcel leave La airport 3 days ago and it still says in transit i dont know what to think aust post should update more regulary so customers are informed better
Message 36 of 69
Latest reply

It's probably in Customs.

This thread is over 2 years old; a lot of things have changed (like dan_and_ally using the boards) in that time, so it would be better to start a new thread than drag up one that quite possibly contains now erroneous information.

Message 37 of 69
Latest reply

If it is coming from LA it will not show in the AP tracking until it arrives here and clears Customs.  It can take a week or more.

What does the US tracking show?

Message 38 of 69
Latest reply

I bought on ebay, seller apparently in Sydney. 2 days with Australia Post, no events recorded. Checked feedback and apparently seller is in Tonga or Solomon Islands and postage feedback is negative. I hope I get my product albeit belated. How can sellers get away with lying about their location.
Message 39 of 69
Latest reply

If the item is with Australia Post then it must have been posted in Australia.

If the item was not handed over the counter it may not be scanned until it is delivered.

Can you post an item number so someone can help you more.

Message 40 of 69
Latest reply