Aus Post don't scan parcels

I posted 2 parcels on the 5th, it is now the 7th and there is still no tracking info for either of them on the Aus Post website.  One parcel is EXPRESS!!!   What the hell does that mean????  Am I angry?  YES!!  This isn't the first time this has happened.

I called Aus Post and asked them about it.  Apparently the parcels get pushed through a scan and, 'sometimes one gets missed'.  I posted 2 parcels and both were missed in the scan.  Did I mention one was EXPRESS??!!!

What are we paying for?  I thought Express got special attention but I guess not.  I, potlitely, made a complaint about the parcels not being scanned and he told me it would be noted and sent to management.  A nice man.  A bizarre system.

Anyway,  I thought if everyone who is affected by this called Aus Post and made an official complaint, maybe Management would do something to make it more efficient.  I know what Dennis Leary would say but I can't say it here.

Thank you for listening, I feel a little better now.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

If you put them in a post box they will not be scanned till they are at a delivery center or delivered.

If you want them scanned when posted then you need to hand them over the counter and ask for them to be scanned if they are not done without asking.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

au.papp
Community Member

I too found out the hard way !

Very costly as had to send again "express" to reassure my customer and meet there expectations. Original item was scanned and delivered 13 days after it was posted

You MUST lodge at the post office also you MUST ask for receipt some times they scan some items there and not others.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I agree.
I posted two reg'd envelopes on 5/1.  
Handed over he counte at the PO.
One is showing as delivered.  The other has no record of it.
The Aus Post Sytem is broken and really needs to be fixed.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Registered Post does not get scanned until it gets to the delivery point.

Even when U hand registered post over the counter it appears to get scanned, but doesn't show up on the tracking website until delivery.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

eparcel and click and send my friends!!!

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

We have an express post box and an ordinary post box.  What's the use of having them there at all if the parcels aren't scanned as they go on their journey.  Particularly the express post.

I posted an express today and handed it over the counter but, often, I have mail to post on a Sunday.  I get it there for the 6pm pick thinking it will all be taken care of.  Oh my, I'm going on again.

I guess I just have to get with the program.  The postal boxes are only there for decoration, We must hand our mail over the counter to be scanned.  "We are Borg".

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

satpran
Community Member

Nothing to worry, they are doing a great job, just follow the right way

The best is use ebay site to print labels and pay from your ebay account,

then take it to aus post retail outlet and get it scanned, ask for acknowledgement, 

when you print labels, the tracking number automatically attached to your sold list,

the same is sent to buyer also automatically. You and buyer can track the parcel by clicking on track link

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

What would be useful is just to have a decent tracking system full stop. Even if you scan it over the counter, it's anyone's guess where to goes before it's delivered to the customer.

USPS and China Post seem to have it right. You can see where it is at any time.......until it hits Australia. Then the tracking stops until you get it.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

If your Express Post item doesn't get there in the advertised time frame (next day delivery?) then AP will give you a free Express Post Satchel. That applies if both the sender and recipient live within the Exrpress Post Delivery Network.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply