AusPost 500g satchel can buyer request to be left at the door if not at home?

I just had a buyer purchase an item and leave the message 'Leave at door if no one home please' it is going to be sent via a 500g satchel No signature. I am pretty sure I can authorise parcels to be let at the door through MyPost but can this be done by a buyer if they do not have MyPost? 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would 'risk' it....just mark as 'safe drop'....you will have 'delivery scanned'...so technically: not your problem. Keep the message in case anything goes pear-shaped...
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
I would 'risk' it....just mark as 'safe drop'....you will have 'delivery scanned'...so technically: not your problem. Keep the message in case anything goes pear-shaped...

sorry have not done this before where do I make 'safe drop' is there a place on the label once I print it? looked to see if there was anything to click to allow it to be left could not see anything but have not printed label yet

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Just write the instructions on the envelope/satchel.

If the buyer is happy to have their items safe dropped they probably already have the arrangement in place with their local delivery centre but it does make it easier if the seller also marks the item.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

just make it OBVIOUS ON THE SATCHEL
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
just make it OBVIOUS ON THE SATCHEL

Thank you 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Chances are that as there is no signature required, it would be left at the door anyway, but I'd still leave a note as others have said. They seem to take notice of the safe drop messages, but ignore the "do not safe drop" messages!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

AP don't do 'do not safe drop' anymore.

They haven't for ages.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Well, that would explain why I had several parcels left that had that written on them then! Hopefully the My Post having items sent to the PO instead of home thing will alieviate a bit of stress for me about parcels being at risk of being nicked from my front door (mine DID actually get nicked because I heard the thief walk in just after the delivery guy dropped it on the ground.......it wasn't the evil bat swooping in from next door or the ferals from up the street and the delivery guy certainly wasn't assaulted :D:D:D:D:D).

Apparently they're only meant to safe drop if it's safe to do so, according to AP. My place (and others in the street) have been deemed not safe due to the proximity to the road and lack of fences, but they still leave them. I've got my first lot of parcels due this week that were being sent to the PO, so we'll see how successful that is.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Tippy, if you use My Post to leave delivery instructions it is not very satisfactory as there are only a few options of AP's choosing.

Those options include....Leve at Front Door or Leave at PO.  The one I wanted was Leave at Side Gate but there was no option to say where at the side gate as I have a very specific weatherproof and out of sight of the street area at the side gate.

Luckily it was an e-parcel so I knew it would come with my usual parcel delivery man.

Most online retailers have a box for specific delivery instructions and I have never had a problem.  It is a pity ebay does not give that option.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply