Auspost Post box chute size

tcrazer
Community Member

Justa a quick question. Anyone have the dimension of the chute size of the regular post box found around streets (the one with the pull down handle).  Just want to know if one of my packages will fit, otherwise I'll have to drive to the store to lodge it. Cheers

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Maybe google it. Or I am going to the shop and can let you know in 30 mins. 🙂

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

The red street box here is as follows -

390mm wide    110mm high     240mm deep

Keep in mind the parcel probably needs to be a little smaller for the chute to return rotate.

image host
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

my recollection is that they are TT or NVBAA.  For those that are not familiar with the exacting science of POBSS (Post Office Box Shute Sizing), that would be Teeny Tiny and Not Very Big At All.

tcrazer
Community Member

Thanks for the info.  I did try googling it but it didn't come up with the info I was looking for

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

mla1809
Community Member

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 1.20.53 am.png

Here's the official measurements from Auspost.com 🙂 I was looking for this for aaaaages!
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I have a feeling th OP has probably solved his problem in the 5+ years since the question was first asked.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have a feeling th OP has probably solved his problem in the 5+ years since the question was first asked.

now lyndal, credit where credit is due.  mia has been looking for this info for aaaages . . . . . . probably since July 2012.  So what if she is a little slow, she did come through in the end.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

fancy that, when I replied to lyndal from my smartphone I was sure she had replied to a poster whose ID started with "mia" . . . . . . . but it is actually "mla".

Who would have thought that was possible?

Sorry mla if you are not female (or gender specific individual).

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Follow up posts are often useful info for anyone who searches archives for the answer to a question more than it is for an OP. Thats the main reason for adding to an old thread. Have no doubt thats how they found the thread in the first place.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply