Aust Post parcel rate increases not updated by eBay

5kazam
Community Member

As we all know, Aust Post parcel rate increases are effective as of today.

I just had a look at a few of my listings and noted that the standard Melbourne metro delivery rate has not changed from $10.05 to $10.40.  And the <500 rate has not changed from $7.45 to $7.60.

Is it too early in the day for eBay to update the postage rates?  

Or are we all going to lose extra money on postage because the eBay calculated rates aren't updated.

It won't affect me too much, as I don't sell much anyway, but other higher volume sellers could be quite a bit out of pocket.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Aust Post parcel rate increases not updated by eBay

I think ebay are in the process of updating because I am unable to produce an ebay postage label yet. So hopefully it will be updated today so I can process for postage tomorrow. (Qld Public Holiday today).

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I've already had three sales this morning and the ebay calculated shipping is at the old rate so I guess I have no choice but to take the hit. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yeah this has really stuffed my day. I processed 50 odd orders yesterday via C & S but didnt pay for them as I was waiting until today to do anymore orders that may have come through over night, forgetting about the price increase change as of today. I go into C&S this morning only to find I cant do anymore orders because of a glitch in their system, and, I can't even pay for the 50 odd orders I have already done that are waiting to go today.

Awesome! Now I have to notify each customer and try to explain this to them.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

JMO, but  eBay should have been ready for the price increases, and it should have been ready to go at 12.01am today.

I guess the quirky upside of this is that eBay are going to be losing out on their FVF on post.  

Even though sellers are going to be losing, the total will be less 9.9% that otherwise would have been taken by eBay.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Click n Send is working now - with the new rates...*sigh*

At least it accepted my first item...let's see what happens when I go to pay & print labels

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I have not had any issues or problems at all with printing out about 7 postage labels through eBay since about 7 .30 this morning .

I was charged the new rate from $7.15 now showing $7.40 for the 500grm satchels. 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

All of my listings are still showing the old rate.

I even did a search using a different browser (used for my other id) for one of my items on this id - and it still shows the old rate ($10.05).

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I didn't even get a message from eBay saying that there was going to be a price increase. I even rang eBay to confirm this. 

I personally will be voting with my feet. Which courier company are people going to switch too? Maybe we could all get together in a one big switch style to get a discount with another carrier?

Who's keen?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@worthingtonsupplies wrote:

I didn't even get a message from eBay saying that there was going to be a price increase. I even rang eBay to confirm this. 

I personally will be voting with my feet. Which courier company are people going to switch too? Maybe we could all get together in a one big switch style to get a discount with another carrier?

Who's keen?

Announcement 19/9 - http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201609.shtml#2016-09-19144650?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955

What more hand-holding do you need?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply