Australia Post Tracking Labels

I'm searching through eBay for postage and came across these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Box-50-Australia-Post-Tracking-Labels-for-Parcel-1-Free-Express-deliver...

That also come in an express post variant.

What are they used for? And if I buy them do they work on letter and parcels? Is it better than prepaid satchels or click and send?

The other one that I have questions about is this:

Which are the same but with receipted delivery. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-Post-100-Signature-On-Delivery-Tracking-Labels-Auspost-Receipte...

Is that a + to already paying postage?

I currently use Click & Send and print labels are these things above better/cheaper? I also send a lot of Large Letter Post  (under 250g) and would like to be able to track them but don't want signature on delivery. 

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

These boxes are not retailed by Australia Post as they have no value.  

Some Post Offices will give you a box if you are a regular customer who sends a high volume of parcels and pays for the post over the counter.

Tracking is included as part of the regular cost for domestic parcels. The post office puts these stickers on a parcel to provide that service when you lodge and pay the parcel post cost.

My advice is to read to the listing as many of the questions you ask are answered in the listing description.

"The label does not include any postage value, so stamps or postage are still required
The label are used for parcels, not for letter delivery"

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Waste of money.  You get tracking anyway with every parcel and they are not able to be used for large letters.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

They are4 not meant to be used for letters but I have received a couple of large letters with those labels on. One of them the tracking did show up so AP must have missed it being incorrectly used but the other just said no tracking events.

Why pay extra for a\ tracking label on a parcel when you get tracking anyway and at a cheaper rate if you use the ebay labels.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

surfalfrose wrote:

I currently use Click & Send and print labels are these things above better/cheaper? I also send a lot of Large Letter Post  (under 250g) and would like to be able to track them but don't want signature on delivery. 

Thanks for all the help in advance!

The ebay postage labels are marginally cheaper than click and send.

If you are using large letters for high value items, registered post labels would work out at $3.25 extra, which give tracking.

Prepaid Registered Post labels (box of 50)

$162.50 per box
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Just go to the post Office and ask and they will provide you a bunch.

I recently got a number for use on very old prepaid satchels that I found in the back of a cupboard, these were so old that they didn't have a tracking number.  Unfortunately, there was only about 5 left, as when I bought them they were less than $10 each for 3kg.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

These are free from the post office for regular customers who send regular amounts of parcels, to be used for tracking in combination with parcel sending.

What I don't understand is how this person is selling them with free express postage and still making any money for their time and effort.

Maybe they are doing it for the love of selling on eBay!
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

They probably got it for fre from Post office like others here have stated , and if they are using free express post label which they also got for free, then they gain $8.99 from ebay from each sale and after paying ebay fee of 10-12%, they are still ahead.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@giftsnbargainsoz wrote:

They probably got it for fre from Post office like others here have stated , and if they are using free express post label which they also got for free, then they gain $8.99 from ebay from each sale and after paying ebay fee of 10-12%, they are still ahead.

4 year old thread for items that are no longer listed and most likely dodgy anyhow.  enjoy your day

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

You really need to get into the '20s. Where do you get $8.99 from? I'm guessing it is from your anatomy, as it's certainly not from AP.

As is your eBay fees of 10-12%. Not true today, either. 2 fails, out of 2.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply