Australia Post! What a joke!

I sent an item with Australia post.  I had the choice of putting it in a satchel, but I thought it would be better bubble wrapped and placed in a box which cost me more money to do this, as I changed my mind last minute to do this, and only charged the buyer what it would cost to place in a satchel. 

The buyer received it today broken.  It was hard plastic item, and the item looks like it has been run over by a truck.

I am so unhappy with Australia post service as they have zero care factor with their items.

What gets me, is that eBay takes a commission of the item + postage, and then you post the item and it does not arrive in good order, and Australia post won't take responsibility for there every day service  yet we have to pay the price. We take the responsibility for ebay and Australia post, yet these two companies are Mammoth, and we are just the little people.

I know there is really nothing I can do, as I don't want a dispute, and I have refunded the buyer in full, and also asked the buyer to put in a claim at Australia post , which he may or may not do.

I am just having a winge, 

Tomorrow is a new day! And hopefully a better one!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Australian offices never acknolwedge anything. It cuts out the work, man or lady, don't you see. It's true anti-service.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

What are you on about and why did you drag up a 2yo thread to do it? Please enlighten us how we are to "cut out Australia Post". Go on, I am interested, as I'm sure plenty of others in Australia are. Australia has very strict quarantine laws for a very good reason. There are many things from Japan that are illegal here. Therefore, it is wise for you not to send it or customs will seize it. If you are upset that items you've sent to Australia haven't made it through customs, I suggest you read up on what can and can't be sent here, instead of blaming a postal company for doing their job.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

How can a member in Japan speak with such authority about Australia Post?

I would like to debate some of your assertions....if I could understand what points you are trying to make.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

this guy is also a good candidate for everyone's special list. "feedback left for others" is a joke. 

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Too much sake on a boring Friday night?

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply