Australia Post international postage big changes

Apparently, Australia Post are going to bring in some significant changes to international postage towards the end of the month but I havent seen anything in print yet. Has anyone here heard of the changes - eg Pack and Track under a new name, etc

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Australia Post international postage big changes

The postage calculator has been updated with the new system and prices, eg. USA:

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/US

Message 61 of 78
Latest reply

The postage calculator has been updated with the new rates and service levels, eg. USA:

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/US

Message 62 of 78
Latest reply

Meanwhile, they still continue with Pack and Track, Reg Post International and the old system, includng old customs forms, etc for contract customers.

Message 63 of 78
Latest reply

@moviemem wrote:

Meanwhile, they still continue with Pack and Track, Reg Post International and the old system, includng old customs forms, etc for contract customers.

They probably have to, in order to honour the contract terms. (Maybe not for the forms, as such, but the new forms probably don't work with the old system).  

Message 64 of 78
Latest reply

dam stupid AP site wont let me enter 430 grams, or under 1kg, its in units of KG, but we are charged in  of 500 grams !
incrementsI wish they would fix things, i am halting all international shipping for now..

Message 65 of 78
Latest reply

If you want to enter 430g, you need to enter it in kilos. 0.43kg

Message 66 of 78
Latest reply

The Aust post calculator works fine but unfortunately ebay calculated postage has not yet caught up.

It is still quoting the old Airmail, Registered Post, Express Post and Express Courier rates.

I had a long discussion with customer service this morning regarding defects being applied if we were to cancel and refund a transaction or require additional postage to be paid due to ebay quoting an incorrect postage rate and was basically fobbed off with the attitude "no problem here - suck it up".

At 8pm tonight I received a callback from the ebay customer service representative admitting that they had a serious problem and were working on it as quickly as possible.

Personally I won't be holding my breath due to past experience, but it is good to know that in the event of customer disputes and defects caused by ebay's failure to keep up to date with the recent Aust Post charges there may be a possibility that they will be accomodating if such a situation arises.

Message 67 of 78
Latest reply

Yes figured that out ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 68 of 78
Latest reply

Sellers have had to try and calculate charges based on guesswork because very little information on pricing was given in advance. Additionally, the zones have changed with an extra zone added. It is obvious that some sellers have not made any adjustments to their postage costs and they will lose money on postage because of the increases.

Another thing to consider is that I have been told that Economy Air will be very slow. They are quoting 10+ business days but the + means that it could take much longer than 10 buisness days. The service has no tracking. Many sellers will not be using that service.

Message 69 of 78
Latest reply

Lets not forget that for us sellers who send merchandise as large letters for an average of $7.40 to lets say the UK this service is no linger available and all goods now go as parcels at a cost of $28. My overseas market has now gone.
Message 70 of 78
Latest reply