Australia Post issue

Buyer received tracking notification and parcel was signed for but not by him. He has lodged claim with Australia Post but now wants me to deal with the issue. Australia Post won't deal with me as we have shipped item with tracking and signature request. I'm not sure what to do. I would be grateful for any advice.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Australia Post issue

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If he has lodged the claim he is the one who has to follow it up.

All you can do to pacify him is confirm the tracking number and signature.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post issue

That is correct.
Once an item's tracking says delivered then AP will only deal with the receiver about it.
If the buyer raises an item not received dispute with either eBay or PayPal then because your tracking shows delivered then you should win.
If you took out extra cover then AP should pay a claim to you for it, so in turn you could reimburse your buyer.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post issue

Not strictly true that AP will only deal with the recipient. There is a place on the claim form where you can pass the rights to the sender.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post issue

This is correct, it happened to me with a customer about six months ago.

Same story, showed delivered but customer did not receive it.

Customer was able to agree on the form to pass over the right of contact with AP to me (the sender)

I dealt with Australia Post and the issue was resolved successfully.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post issue

@clarry100 wrote:
That is correct.
Once an item's tracking says delivered then AP will only deal with the receiver about it.
If the buyer raises an item not received dispute with either eBay or PayPal then because your tracking shows delivered then you should win.
If you took out extra cover then AP should pay a claim to you for it, so in turn you could reimburse your buyer.

i sent a parcel which was signed by someone who was incorrectly given the parcel by au post to sign..i the sender followed it up all the way not the buyer..au post returned to receiver of the parcel and was sent to correct address.lucky it was unopened and not damaged.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply