Australia Post recently very slow at delivering my items. Anyone else?

I've been getting alot of complaints from buyers that their item has not arrive at their expected times and as a result I am getting punished for it. I ship my items within 1 day (at letter rate, so no tracking).

I suspect something has caused the delay (also noticing patterns that people in the NSW are more likely not to get their items on time).

Anyone else having this issue as well? It really does suck that I have no control on how to speed up the delivery process, but I do wish eBay takes it into account for such delays (better communication between Aus-Post and eBay.au for matter).

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@montrealist wrote:
I've sent a parcel from Canada, tracked and expess, it's been over three weeks and the recipient in Brisbane still hasn't received it. It took 7 days to get from Montreal to Australia, and we're now on 15 days of it bouncing around in Australia. I don't think I'll be shipping to Australia anymore. It's too bad, and I hope Australians are successful in pressuring whoever mismanages their postal system to that it improves drastically. What a national embarrassment, that's how I'd feel if I were Australian.

And that comment coming from the resident of a country with a postal service far worse than anything Australia Post provides.

I am married to a Canadian and have been dealing with Canada Post for over 40 years so feel well qualified to comment.  It has always been slow and very expensive.

Surface mail can take anything up to 6 months to arrive but the worst part is that it can be anything up to 3 months before it even leaves Canada.

Some years ago I sent my mother in law a birthday card......sent airmail in plenty of time.  We got a very nasty message from father in law that we had not sent her birthday wishes....the card took SIX WEEKS to arrive via airmail.

I can almost guarantee that if your parcel had been sent from Australia to Canada it would be taking every bit as long as it is taking now.

Don't forget, there have been numerous public holidays in the last week.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Eacatly the reason Canada is one of only 2 (the other is Brazil) that we will not ship to - not worth the aggro. complaing of late deliveries.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

It seems that the Canadian member has conveniently forgotten their recent postal workers strike when they were not accepting mail from any country in the world.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply