Australia Post slow service

I had to resend several items recently because of the slowness of Australia post. I send plants and they are dead when the post is slow. Do you complain each time when the parcel arrives late? Do they refund at least the postage?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Australia Post slow service

Yes... they are slower these days. Who defines what "late" actually is? The only way you have an exact defined delivery date is if you send express and both the sender and receiver are within their express delivery network. Then you can claim it is late.

Australia Post will often compensate for the postage cost ONLY if the tracked parcel is totally lost, but unlikely if it arrives "late".

They will sometimes compensate "ex gratia" for the loss of value of the item up to $50, but to get full coverage for total loss you need to buy extra cover. Extra cover rarely covers against damage, especially plants or other items that degrade during transit. They will just say it was not packaged correctly and decline the claim.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Australia Post say they will refund postage for EXPRESS POST, if they don't arrive on time.  I haven't heard of any other refund offered.

If your Express Post envelope or satchel isn't delivered as promised, we'll replace your envelope or satchel with the equivalent envelope or satchel.

If your Express Post parcel isn't delivered as promised, we'll refund the cost of posting

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

And if I was selling plants I would send by EXPRESS POST - everytime.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply