Australia Post - unbelievably bad of late...

Usually, Australia Post do an okay job, and I only have to initiate a search on slow / missing items once every couple of months - I've had to do half-a-dozen in the last fortnight alone. 

The Australia Post CS rep I spoke with (well, one of them) told me that there was a "problem" with Queensland deliveries at the moment. That's just cost me a negative feedback point (from a first-time eBayer with zero feedback; who left the neg, then initiated an INR case - on an item showing as "delivered" three hours ago).

October seems to have been a very bad month for AP - one item kept bouncing back and forward between Victoria and NSW (until I politely pointed out that the "NSW"  and postcode starting in "2" on the label indicated that they were in fact intended for, y'know, NSW), they've just completely lost another that only had to go a total of about fifteen kilometres, and several of others have taken almost a fortnight to be delivered.

All have been lodged over the counter at a metroploitan branch, using our company's business account.

Is it only me, or has anyone else been experiencing worse-than-usual delays with Australia Post lately?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

The bad cases do stand out.Last week I sent a parcel by international express, only to have it sit in the processing cente for 4 business days.

But, by and large, they do a fair to good job.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Last three months I have had a lot of parcels being redirected/lost in system. 

The common trait was the new address system used by eBay. Sellers are now putting an eBay12345 number before address.

eg. Mr Shaun

eBay12345 15 Lost Parcel Drive

Australia Post.   2219

I think the scanning machines are having problems with this new addressing formula.

One of my parcels went Sydney, Melbourne, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide before I put in a complaint.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This is a dead thread, last having been posted upon on 7 November 2019 — 4 years ago.

It’s best if such old threads are left to moulder away in peace; bringing them back up to the top of the boards is zombification, and it doesn’t help you to get answers … especially as the original poster marked the thread as “solved”.

You can start a new thread by going to the top of this board and clicking onto the blue “Start a conversation” button. (Or click this link.)

I suspect a moderator will be along soon to lock this thread.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi,

Due to its age, the thread has been locked. Please, open a new one if you still need assistance 

Thank you 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply