Australian car part seller changes

Are you aware of the changes - below is the changes

I personally have to say it wont work to well in its current state - reason being you can list an item and expect ebays search system to find the product that suits the model the buyer is looking for

They are requiring all sellers to remove any reference to any vehicle model in hte title - so for example if you sell floor carpet for a hq sedan .. you can only state

"moulded floor carpet"

Then you need ot use when listing the ebays capability listing form and hope and pry a ebays search engien will pick up corectly

I have personally been testing this system now for a few weeks and its failing miserbily

Its going to be a big problem .. huge

if you do not comply you will be in vilolation and you will be restricted

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have not seen this. Does it relate to vintage car parts too or just those listed in the general auto parts section. ? If it relates to the vintage car catagory I,m stoofed. I dont think there will be a section for a 1923 Rugby dash.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

it states - parts and accessories section

So yes the whole lot

i would have psoted the whole email but i cant copy it to here?

its def not right

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I guess it's thanks to all the sellers bombarding categories with the same listings.

Rather than having the one listing then stating the variations in it.

I got to say I'm sick of going through searches with multiples and multiples of the same listings with just a model change.

I usually pick the sellers that have their listings set up properly so those with multiple listings lose sales anyway due to their search manipulating behaviours.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I just did a search for " HOLDEN HQ LIGHT " and got 599 items with that in the title, so it seems ebay are not too fussed about it at the moment.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Untill they make it an announcement i would really take it with a pinch of salt.. they seem to email different things to different people and see what sticks

Def beleive the duplicate listing is an issue on ebay but some of the ideas they come up with and expect ebay users to beleive - its crazy..

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply