Be aware additional bank fees on disputed transaction

Please be aware that if you have a buyer that decides to dispute the transaction and you cannot provide a tracking number you will have your sale amount reversed and can be charged financial institution fees

In my case I sold a low cost item at $8.95 including postage, the buyer claims not to have recognised the transaction and queried with the card provider. A case was opened against me with 5 days to provide a tracking number of refund the buyer (lose the goods and postage cost)

The Ebay process provides no other option, 5 days later the process will find against you as no tracking number given - (we use stamps with Australia Post so at $8.95 tracking is not feasible)

The Ebay preference is both "Free Postage" and make it "cheaper" than the competition or the listing will be buried on page 30

The outcome, $8.95 refunded to the buyer, (they get free goods at my expense) then I find a fee of $22 for the financial institution for investigating. No comeback or  opportunity to challenge this. Be aware

Unfortunately Ebay seem to support this type of fraud against small low value items by hiding behind a process that supports buyers with a poor memory, surely once a buyer makes a transaction the proof is in the transaction itself. The seller should not bear the cost and fees.

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0