Be the first to write a review?

Has anyone else noticed this popping up under the heading of any new listing you create in your store?

Another 'feedback' nightmare we sellers have to now contend with?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't know if it's on any of mine as I've never checked but I have noticed it periodically on different sellers over the last few months. I took it more as a product review rather than a seller review.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

It's a product review as I've discovered. A couple of my books have been reviewed by eBay members. They just rated the books on whether they like the author or the story or not.

Sandra

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

From a buyer's point of view I often get invited to Write A Review of a product I have bought.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The reviews I've had, are for books on my listing but haven't sold yet.
It's something I don't mind because as a seller, I would only write glowing reviews! LOL!!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It's okay for books, music, a DVD etc. but if a seller has a unique product ... it's yet another risk.

If I'm selling a radiator hose - seriously, a radiator hose - how is it going to be reviewed? It's not an item that different people have a different opinion on; it's black and water pumps through it.

Think about it, if you are selling a perfume ... earrings etc and you offer more than one, a bad review will stop you selling the rest.

Sorry, but ebay is complicating things again and, in essence, cutting off their own noses in potential revenue.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I just went to your shop front and can't see a thing it takes so long to load, just saying

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

this might be interesting for some to read.
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m01/i11/s01

it also looks like the reviews are only on products that have UPC attached.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I've never been asked, as  a buyer, to write a review of any ebay product.

I can give feedback of course, but that is it.

I have noticed some other sites though eg Catch of the day, have started sending emails to ask for a rating/review of the products. They never ask me what i think of their service, just the products.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply