Best way to ensure I get final value of postage fees charged refunded

I have had a buiyer over night make 2 separate purchases (both purchases contained a few differnt items) has checked out and paid for both lots of items and the postage that apeared on the automatic invoice that wouldof generated......then sent a message wanting the posatge portions of both purchases (5 items in total) refunded as she would like to collect from my home next week or for me to refund the lot and she pays for the items again on pick up. I prefer not to do the later as then I have no gauantee she will pick up and pay, so I'm happy to refund the postage part but how do I do this to ensure I don't get charged the final value fee on the postage? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will need to do a partial refund via PayPal for the postage component. PayPal will refund their pro rata part of their fees but not eBay.
You will need to call eBay and have them do a manual fee credit. They should do it while you are on the phone. They will just check the refund and then credit accordingly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You will need to do a partial refund via PayPal for the postage component. PayPal will refund their pro rata part of their fees but not eBay.
You will need to call eBay and have them do a manual fee credit. They should do it while you are on the phone. They will just check the refund and then credit accordingly.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I will organise that now.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Clarry last few times I have refunded a partial amount through Paypal ebay have automatically refunded that part of the fvf, I wouldn't have bothered asking as the refunds were only a couple of cents.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ok cool. Last time I did this I had to phone them for a manual refund. But it was no drama, apart from the fact that I had to request a callback. But they are usually pretty fast on the callback ad you know.
Good to know it's automated now. Cheers PJ
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay will refund the FVF on postage if you call them. However they are limited to one refund per phone call (meaning you will need to call back again for the second refund). They will also only refund 3 per month (no matter how many times you refunded your buyer).

No doubt all of this is to deter sellers from bothering to retrieve their refunds.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I must be spechul then cos I didn't need to phone them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply