Beware Prom Selling Fees

I listed 8 items last night using this promo.

Sell For FREE on eBay

Enjoy $0 Selling Fees on the next 10 items you list and sell ($0 Insertion and Final Value Fees) Learn More - Sell For FREE on eBay- 

Available at ebay.com.au

10/11/20 00:00:00 AEDST

20/12/20 23:30:00 AEDST

2 Used

8 Active

Checked this morning and 8 lots of Fees charged. Got onto the Ebay hopeless Chat and after 1 1/4 Hours of back and forward got a credit for the fees. Was First told not an Ebay fault although still showing in my Proms. Pointed that out Then told they had a fault and listings were not being shown as used but I could have a refund of the $1.65 per item when they sold. I said No more than likely will never sell the way sales on Ebay are at present. I wanted a full refund of the 8 Fees. After more time special allowance made and fees removed. Just a heads up to anyone else who has some of these so called Free listings still to use.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Beware Prom Selling Fees

Thanks for letting us now. There seems to be so many problems with supposedly "free" listing/selling promotions lately which end up charging the seller.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Beware Prom Selling Fees

Many times I have had to do the same when fees were charged on promotional items. The only credit to ebay is that they do refund the fees.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Beware Prom Selling Fees

@queenslander-3 wrote:

I listed 8 items last night using this promo.

Sell For FREE on eBay

Enjoy $0 Selling Fees on the next 10 items you list and sell ($0 Insertion and Final Value Fees) Learn More - Sell For FREE on eBay- 

Available at ebay.com.au

10/11/20 00:00:00 AEDST

20/12/20 23:30:00 AEDST

2 Used

8 Active

Checked this morning and 8 lots of Fees charged. Got onto the Ebay hopeless Chat and after 1 1/4 Hours of back and forward got a credit for the fees. Was First told not an Ebay fault although still showing in my Proms. Pointed that out Then told they had a fault and listings were not being shown as used but I could have a refund of the $1.65 per item when they sold. I said No more than likely will never sell the way sales on Ebay are at present. I wanted a full refund of the 8 Fees. After more time special allowance made and fees removed. Just a heads up to anyone else who has some of these so called Free listings still to use.

The promo clearly seems to say that it applies to "items you list and sell"

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Beware Prom Selling Fees

Yes, but in the past you have never been charged to list them. 

I've had exactly the same problem with a 2 x free fee promos. Like you, it took a while but I was finally reimbursed for the insertion fees that they charged. She did say that they were aware of the problem, for what that's worth.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Beware Prom Selling Fees

A week or two ago I observed same promotional wording (list free & no selling fees from 10 to 20 November) under Promotional Offers (where it normal confirms the normal 40 listings per month) - I could click on link to accept but it stated I didn't need to. So off I go ready to list & I noted promotional offer had vanished ! Never had an offer, whether or not accepted by me, simply disappear before !

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply