Bid Retraction

I just had a bidder retract a bid, using the 'entered wrong amount' excuse. They joined eBay on Nov 13, 2014. They have 25 feedback. They have had 14 bid retractions since they joined!!!! That's nearly 1 a day. Talk about violating the bid retraction policy!!

I wouldn't mind betting he bids on a heap of identical items and then cancels all bar the one that he thinks he can win for the cheapest price.

Another one for my special party list! I don't need to be ducked around by idiots.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Bid Retraction

Was there already bid/s on it? People do that to have a sneaky look at what the high bid is & back out if they think it's too much for them.

I had the wrong bid excuse a couple of times 1 day after the auction ended,when the person had been high bidder all week.Nice email from eBay asking me to cancel the transaction & get my FVF back.That was in the time before defects though.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Bid Retraction

Nah, no bids on it apart from his. No watchers either!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Bid Retraction

Weirdo must be having fun bidding & annoying at random then.So many special buyers.

I usually put most things in a watch list before i bid 'cos I'm an impulse shopper & i do likes me a good auction on shiny things.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Bid Retraction

I made a slight error in my opening message. His total feedback is 25, but the number in brackets next to his name is 13. Not that it really makes any diffrence, but clearly he has only read up on how to actually retract a bid and hasn't read up on anything else.

It got the better of me and I reported him for violating the bid retraction policy. Yes, I have retracted bids myself and used the entered wrong amount option, because I have entered the wrong amount! I always went back and placed the right amount.

One night I didn't realise I had place a bid for $3978 instead of $39.78 and couldn't understand how I'd won the auction when I got up in the morning. Thankfully the item sold for 50 something bucks, but I have seen them sell for quite a few hundred! I'm guessing I'd probably put a comma in instead of a full stop. That's what I get for falling asleep on the floor, then whacking in a few bids for auctions finishing before I get up in the morning.

The only other time I retracted some bids was a seller in the US who was using the GSP. That was just after I realised you couldn't combine shipping when buying multiple things. I felt bad because she was a newbie seller and she had some great items that I would have loved. I did the right thing and contacted her about why I was cancelling my bids and she didn't even know she was signed up for GSP. As it was, the items sold for more than what my max bid was anyway.

Shiny things eh? I like shiny. Shiny is good LOL!!!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Bid Retraction

You can report them for excessive bid retractions, sometimes ebay will curtail their buying privileges, sometimes they won't. I would far rather have a withdrawn bid than an unpaid item so on the rare occasion it happens I just tend to let it go.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Bid Retraction

I'm not worried about it. If I hadn't checked his feedback, I wouldn't even have mentioned it on here. I just thought it insane that someone could have so many retractions in such a short space of time. The original message was meant more as a WOW post, rather than complaining about it.

Like you, I'd much rather a retraction than a non payer. He won't get the chance to bid on my stuff any more 😄

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply