Bidding rewards

I think that eBay should have some rewards, bonuses or discounts for being;

1) The first and only bidder on an auction

2) The first and last bidder on an auction

This can help sellers by providing an added incentive for buyers to be the first to bid on an item,

which can help reduce the times that items do not sell, due to no bids due to bidders waiting on each other or waiting until the auction ends and the item is re-listed.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bidding rewards

I think that winning the item one wants, and receiving it safely and within cooee of the specified timeframe, is all that the buyer deserves. The occasional voucher is probably reward enough.

Why should eBay provide an incentive to bid on auction listings that donโ€™t attract a bid otherwise?

I think you may be jumping to conclusions about why some items donโ€™t sellโ€ฆ and donโ€™t forget that, even for desirable items, many buyers are now having to tighten their wallets during a very real cost of living crisis.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Maybe tell eBay

Seems rather far fetched to say 'it will help sellers'

Buyers already get it all, why do they deserve a 'reward' for choosing to bid on what they bid, choosing how many bids they make and choosing how much to bid?

I think buyers are responsible for their own actions and bidding does not earn special extras 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Well that's an interesting concept,  isn't the reward the buyer gets  a product they want.

Why should we (sellers),  cough up money to buyers, if a buyer wants it, the buyer will bid.

I am guessing that you are suggesting this as you are getting less bids than you would like on your items,  maybe a better approach would be for you to start the items at a realistic price rather than top dollar (and I dont mean 99cants)

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I wonder if  bidders who make false claims about items being faulty/don't read the listing etc get to keep these rewards?

If not, how exactly would they be revoked?

All I see 'rewards for bidding' doing is encouraging such behaviour

They would know eBay are not going to take back said reward and would go to town

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@duancito wrote:

This can help sellers by providing an added incentive for buyers to be the first to bid on an item,

which can help reduce the times that items do not sell, due to no bids due to bidders waiting on each other or waiting until the auction ends and the item is re-listed.

I think eBay should provide me with free alcohol & a new Harley.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Exactly,  the whole concept is fraught with pit falls,  sellers just need to make their items appealing and people will bid.   In this case OP's items are definitely at the higher end of the price range,  so even a reward wouldn't entice me to bid.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@duancito wrote:

I think eBay should provide me with free alcohol & a new Harley.

Can I specify which alcohol,  wouldn't want the wrong reward

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Like those tv ads back in the 90's

Buy now and get a free gift with purchase

Don't like it?

Send it back within 30 days and keep the free gift on us 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Now that my son is no longer a publican I'm easily pleased with whatever you got.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply