Buyer Leaving Neutral Feedback For Not Giving Giving Them Pos Feedback First. Thoughts?

Has anyone come accross this?
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Buyer Leaving Neutral Feedback For Not Giving Giving Them Pos Feedback First. Thoughts?

I take very little notice of my feedback now but from experience a few years ago I know that there is positive feedback and POSITIVE feedback.   And when you are asking a seller for a favour such as changing postage methods it helps if you have POSITIVE feedback....the more the better.

By this I mean....if you have very ordinary feedback such as "Fast payment, thanks" as against "Super fast payment, welcome back anytime, blah blah blah"  the seller is more likely to co-operate.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
I have heard of it, but my first thought is the seller perhaps should leave positive feedback first. I've found it encourages buyers to leave feedback more quickly.

I agree that leaving feedback first can eliminate a few potential problems, but ideally those problems wouldn't even exist, so just speaking personally I'd rather try to eliminate the attitude that sellers 'should' leave FB first than suggest it's the solution.

Some buyers need to realise that when they buy an item on ebay, they just buy an item. If they want to buy the right to tell their seller when and how to conduct certain aspects of their business, they need to contact the seller and ask how much it would cost to buy a controlling interest. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Mmm, i see your point, but i still think the "great communication, pleasure to do buisness" feedback is the bomb ๐Ÿ˜›

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

DG-

I agree that leaving feedback first can eliminate a few potential problems, but ideally those problems wouldn't even exist, so just speaking personally I'd rather try to eliminate the attitude that sellers 'should' leave FB first than suggest it's the solution.

Some buyers need to realise that when they buy an item on ebay, they just buy an item. If they want to buy the right to tell their seller when and how to conduct certain aspects of their business, they need to contact the seller and ask how much it would cost to buy a controlling interest.

----------------------------

It's not going to happen.

Buyers are what they are-a mixed bunch.

The only way  this sort of thing will stop is when feedback as we know it disappears and buyers only have eg a drop down menu of choices.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

----------------------------

It's not going to happen.

I figured as much ๐Ÿ˜„ But I also figured if other people can expect everyone ese to conform to their expectations re: feedback timing and the like, and believe people are in the wrong for not doing so, then I can too, even when my expectations differ. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

After contacting Ebay they removed the Neutral FB. Very happy about this outcome. Further to this the buyer had contacted me 24 hours prior to leaving the Neutral FB informing me of their intentions. Like this would prompt me into leaving them a pos feedback.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

That's great news! I hope you told ebay about that message. I also hope you didn't leave them any. I had a buyer leave me 2 negs and a glowing positive. He still trashed my stars on the positive,  even though he was happy with it and it was posted within an hour of payment. He then wanted me to leave him feedback! 

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

I hope your "friend" is prepaared for all the lawyers who will be knocking on his door.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

the member you replied to hasn't been on the boards for some time now.

sellsafer idiot.JPG

May I suggest you stop spamming these boards with the promotion of your 'friends' new site and maybe start a thread of your own and not post on old threads?  It will also give the moderators just one thread to monitor!

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

They seem to be doing a pretty good job of making it none to monitor, Sir.

The bump posts have disappeared (and I didn't get to see them).

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply