Buyer Refund on item not received even though Tracking Uploaded showing sent

Suggestions please.

I sent an item to a customer via fastway - who have on forwarded.

Tracking was uploaded straight away to order and shows I sent the item and it was forwarded

On the 10th of December customer put through request for item not received.

I contacted Fastway who advised me they chased up the forwarder.

Fastway don't update tracking once forwarded.

I messaged buyer saying I'd followed up with Fastway.

On the 14th I messaged again via the open request and asked if they had received. 

No reply

Today buyer escalated to Ebay customer service even though they never bothered to reply to my message

I again contacted Fastway who haven't yet got back to me (only contacted them this afternoon)

Tonight received a message from Ebay saying they issued refund as no tracking was uploaded and not to ask for appeal unless tracking shows this item delivered.

No time was allowed for Fastway to even reply to this issue.

Tracking shows I Despatched.

Most likely will be a case of buyer gets item and refund?

I have emailed Fastway asking them not deliver once they find this item and messaged the buyer advising as they have no longer paid to not accept delivery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Green Ant Toys

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Buyer Refund on item not received even though Tracking Uploaded showing sent

Not blaming the courier at all.....   Ebay's systems again seem inflexible.   The buyer actually didn't want a refund, wanted their order so they won't be happy either as I've asked the courier to return to sender now.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: Buyer Refund on item not received even though Tracking Uploaded showing sent

The problem was that the buyer asked ebay to step in....as soon as that happens ebay automatically refunds the buyer at the seller's expense.

I hope you get you item back....that is probably a better solution than tangling with ebay anyway,

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Cat Indifferent

Yup, now requested RTS when item is located, really no one ends up happy with inflexible systems unfortunately

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The problem was that the buyer asked ebay to step in....as soon as that happens ebay automatically refunds the buyer at the seller's expense.

I hope you get you item back....that is probably a better solution than tangling with ebay anyway,

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply