Buyer Remorse ??

a buyer has contacted me claiming item is not what was expected. and has asked for full refund and postage to return to me. although item is exactly what was listed and sent.... 2 x titles Cookbooks they thought 3 were being sent and only photos of 2 books given item is as described but more of a buyers remorse situation What have other sellers done in this case. No Ebay claim has been made yet??
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer Remorse ??

Assuming you don't accept returns - 

Dear buyer,,

I received the querie regarding your recent purchase.

Just to clarify what was listed. The listing was for 2 Books as mentioned in the title and shown in the pictures.

I am sorry if you thought it was for 3 books as it was clearly shown to be for 2 books.

Whilst I am happy to accept returns for items seriously damaged in the post, unfortunately I don't accept change of mind returns especially as some buyers in the past have photocopied recipes and wanting a return.

I accepted your offer of a discounted price on these items and I will make an exception on my returns policy that if you post the items back, I will refund on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Then if the buyer returns, refund the item price only.

I wouldn't be too concerned about a possible neg as the buyer will undoubtedly mention the refund in the feedback which will make it against policy and eBay will remove it.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Buyer Remorse ??

I like to ask buyers like this to help me understand what went wrong with my listing so that I can improve them, eg I'll say that I thought I had communicated all of the details clearly (and include where those details were) so would really appreciate their input on what caused the confusion or advice on what I missed to help make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

It's a fairly passive tactic, but if they're trying it on, they know full well the listing was clear, and I generally don't hear from those ones again. If they made an error, it hopefully prompts them to look at the listing again and realise the mistake was theirs - it's amazing how quickly a buyer's attitude can change from angry and demanding, to apologetic etc, and the best thing is, it's a relatively understanding and empathetic reply, so the buyer doesn't feel confronted and defensive, and you don't have to come right out and say "what flipping listing were you looking at?" Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply