Buyer Wants Me To Cancel Sale

Hi All

I have a buyer who wants me to cancel a sale because She/He does not think I pack the items securely. When the person bought the items and the postage came up They were not happy because it said 3kg Satchel. I have contacted the buyer and stated the items will be packed in Newspaper, Bubblewrap, placed in a cardboard box with shredded paper and if it fits into the bag that's how it will be posted. If it doesn't fit the bag it will be sent in a Mailing Box. I stated that I insure the postage at my expense (As the seller is the one to make a claim) and I take photographs as proof of packaging. I told the buyer if they dont want the items then they have to cancel the sale am I correct in doing this?? I dont want a defact..

Thank You

Crowsman

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As The OP of this topic The buyer has paid I have the items packed and photographed and will post it in the morning. Insured..

Thanks All for your help

Crowsman

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Crows...

Sounds like a total tool to me.  I think you've explained it very well, and imho that's more than adequate.  I would be asking them to cancel the sale too - I wouldn't be doing it myself.  BUT let's see what others say, because I have to say I don't fully understand how the defects work with cancellations.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

The buyer cannot cancel a purchase, only the seller can.

Apparently if you choose "buyer changed mind" it doesn't register a defect.

You then go to resolve a problem and send a mutual cancellation in which the buyer needs to accept in order to get a refund.

Some sellers don't trust the buyer to click accept and open an unpaid item case instead explaining to the buyer it is the formal process preferred to ensure the refund of fees. And that the buyer need not do anything as the case will close in 4 days.

Then making sure to close it 4 days later.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi crow, if the buyer wants you to cancel the transaction, you will get a defect. Get the buyer to cancel the transaction.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Horizon, Is that now possible?

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

i think the buyer is having a lend ... it is time for him to complain if the item arrives broken or damaged in the post

In the meantime, he buys, he pays.    You post.  (But I would use the box)

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Inform the buyer that you are more than willing to cancel the transaction, however it must be a change of mind on the Buyers behalf, not the seller. ( as you mentioned ) Otherwise, it will count as a defect.  IMO the buyer sounds like a Tool too.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thank You Curraone

I will wait 4 Days if he/she dont pay I will lodge NPB if they pay yes I will post and wait and see what happens.

Crowsman

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Agree, and as curraone said there is no problem yet, so really should pay.

image host
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I think regardless of the outcome, I would put said TOOL on my special persons list.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply