Buyer accepting order cancellation

I had one of 'those' buyers yesterday. They bought an item that was listed as pickup only, paid via Paypal, then sent a message saying 'when will i receive'. Straight after that was another message saying 'cancel it because I'm in QLD' (I'm in Melbourne, which was information clearly available on the listing). So I do so, I cancel the order and refund the buyer. Ten minutes later I get another message saying 'cancel the order' then another message after that saying 'when will i receive it, tell me'.

I have advised them multiple times that the order has been cancelled on their request, they won't be receiving the item and that they now need to accept said cancellation, but they don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. So what happens if they don't accept the cancellation? Would it be possible for me to contact ebay and ask them to read the ridiculous messages and just process the cancellation on their end? 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Call centre reps just tell members it will time out, I thinks it's 7 days if no input from the buyer. Then you cancel it.

But you could try calling eBay in Phillipines. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I believe it's 10 days. If they paid and you cancel, the refund usually happens straight away so just ignore the buyer's messages.  And make sure you put them on your blocked list so they can't buy from you again!

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Oh, the simple beauty of an Unpaid Item Report...

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Unpaid reports lost their shine when a lot of sellers were opted in to immediate payment ...

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Ah. I can only hope that some metaphorical Mr Sheen is available to those sellers.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Oh, the simple beauty of an Unpaid Item Report...

Um...the OP's buyer paid...or am I missing something/

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

That's why I said they lost their sheen. If someone wants to cancel after they've paid it's more of a pain than if they hadn't paid. I don't get many cancellations but they're almost always someone who accidentally bought too much. I cancel and two weeks later they realise they needed it after all and buy it again.
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Part of the issue may be that the buyer hasn't received Ebay's automated "accept or decline" email.

There was some sort of glitch, starting about 8-10 days ago, where they weren't being generated (despite one ebay rep telling me that this was "impossible", but saying that she had there and then re-sent it - which the buyer still didn't receive).

If you ask ebay's call back service to ring you and then outline the problem, the call-backer will probably be (it was as of yesterday, anyway) someone from their resolution centre who has been delegated to clean up the mess caused by the system breakdown in this area.

I speak from very recent experience.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

It doesn't really matter anyway. You have the item and the money and you have done everything you can to refund the buyer. It was the buyer's own idiocy in the first place. Just relist the item and the buyer can claim the refund whenever they want to. They're obviously not going to pick up the item.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply