Buyer ask for refund after only 6 days item being sent

Hi

I sold this guy a phone case on 4/01/13 and I send the case out on 5/1/13 by regular post.

So it is only 6 business days since Australia post doesn't post mail out on weekends.

And this impatient guy ask me where is his item. I tell him that it will take 3-8 business days for item to arrive if nothing goes wrong. 

So I tell him to wait till end of this week if it doesn't arrive then contact me.

And he reply with

"Hi I can't wait longer as it is 7 days already and I want my money back . If you don't refund I will put negative feedback today ."

And I think if I just refund the money I will get neg feedback anyway just looking at his track record (he gave another seller a neg feeback after refund)

If he want it in a hurry he should have ask for express post

So what should I do?? I think he is a bit unreasonable 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I would ask him to wait at least another week. Try to explain that I'm not responsible for AP's postage time.

If you are in the south east, it is almost guaranteed that it will take a minimum of 2 weeks to get to WA or NT, so that might be relevant.

If he opens a Paypal dispute, you will lose anyway, so you may as well refund him and ask him to repay you when the item arrives (as it undoubedly will).

And add him to your blocked buyer list.

5/1 was last Saturday, so if that's correct, that's only 5 working days.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

If I post on Saturdays (which is the 5/1 as you did), at my post office, the mail does not get picked up until the Monday. Therefore, it would only be 4 business days. What are the postcodes they are going from and to? 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Oh I just saw you were in NSW... I am guessing the bushfires may have held up some mail this week too?

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Why are your listings private?

Nobody is going to be embarrassed about buying a phone case.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

it is in NSW to QLD

2299 to 4730

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Well that area is outside of express zone even.. estimated delivery time of 4-6 business days..

I guess that it will arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Report his ass to ebay for feedback extortion they will look at your messages to him and see he is being unreasonable. He is  probably trying to scam you if thats his track record.

Threatening to leave Neg feedback if you dont comply to his demands is against ebay feedback policy.

Regards

Ray

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

I would just reply with the following:

Hi there, sorry you are disappointed your item isn't there yet. I am sure AP will regard it as a top priority delivery, after all it could be life threatening if it was late!

While I am not ordering you to do as promised and leave me a neg I would really appreciate it as green is NOT my fav colour and pages and pages of green dots are just so yesterday.

You sound just like my type of buyer and I hope you will find something in my future listings that you just must have.

And then go and add them to your BBL;-)

I absolutely refuse to have any truck with any buyer who threatens to leave a neg, for any reason.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

That advise will definately get the seller a big red dot.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply