Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

Sent a few items by a Click and Send satchel on January 3 (just tracking, no signature). The Australia Post site says it was delivered on January 8 and 10:14am.

Buyer claims he has not received it. I replied to him and mentioned the tracking number so he can check and he will see it was delivered. All my click & Send satchels also mention if not home to leave a card so they can collect it at their Post office

Where do I stand with PayPal.Will they force me to refund the buyer when tracking says it is delivered?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Punch. it shows the parcel as being at the mail centre, then on board with the driver, then Delivered....just the one word, no address, no postcode.

Must admit I am hoping it will all be over by this afternoon.   It was paid for on 1st December and I have been looking for it since late December. I checked with the neighbours, the post office, the postman, the contractor...after I had been in touch with the seller to ask for the tracking number....I was never given it when the parcel was posted.

I finally opened a dispute at day 43 because the best the seller would do was offer me a 50% refund...just not good enough.  As far as I know she never notified the PO of the missing parcel and they will not take any notice of the buyer.

Message 11 of 52
Latest reply

Must be frustrating.

Makes you wonder about their systems though. All my click and send parcels have the suburbs that they were scanned at along the way. Some havent been scanned at delivery, but they dont say delivered. I just assume they have been because nobody's chasing them up.

No excuse for them not chasing it up either.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 12 of 52
Latest reply

If you have the lodgement receipt from the PO then there should be no problem with Paypal, if the buyer has genuinely not received it then it is up to them to convince Paypal of that fact and if they can Paypal should pay for the refund.

I

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 52
Latest reply

I have looked in my Click & Send history and it was sent to the correct address, as of yet, I have not heard back from the buyer today

The buyer is very familiar because he purchased from me on QS and they left several neutral feedbacks but even this was 5 months ago.

Tracking says is was delivered at the local depot which on the maps is 2 suburbsa away, will be rining AP later to see if that means if it was picked up by the buyer at the depot or whether it was actually delivered to the street address

Message 14 of 52
Latest reply

Just did a search on a buyers item that was delivered and I have FB for and this is what shows on the AP tracking site

Date/Time              Activity Facility                                           location

14/01/13 16:00       Delivered                                         CAPALABA QLD

14/01/13 06:50        In Transit                                        CAPALABA QLD

14/01/13 06:28 On board with driver for delivery today CAPALABA QLD

Actual suburb on the address it was delivered to was as Alexandra hill

Message 15 of 52
Latest reply

Whether or not confirmation that it has been delivered to the “local parcel delivery depot” which services you area is sufficient proof that it has been sent to the suburb in which the buyer reside is not for you to decide.  All I’m asking is that you provide with sufficient information so that I can contact this seller direct and advise them as to what they can do if PayPal finds postage is not proven.

In any event, in light of what you wrote in post 8, namely, “According to AP it was sent parcel post with tracking” (emphasis mine) the point is now rendered mute.  Mute because it is patently obvious, if PayPal decide postage is not proved, that decision will be a breach of PayPal own policies.

That is, if the parcel was sent as you say, that is by “parcel post with tracking” then they, the seller would have been provided with a receipt by AP,  a receipt which not only contains the date on which the parcel was handed over but also the suburb to which it was to be delivered, and PayPal Policy clearly states that such a receipt is proof of postage for PayPal Seller Protection. purposes.

So once again can you provide me with the information previously requested.

Message 16 of 52
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I only know what AP told me...the item was sent by parcel post with tracking....I never received it, remember?

I am quite sure the seller is aware of what is needed to prove their claim for seller protection, or why else would they escalate.

Anyway, this is not about my claim...I only mentioned what had happened to me when I asked the OP if there was proof of delivery to a specific address.  I only mentioned what I had been told by paypal and AP...I do not need any information.

Sorry about the hijack flashback.

Message 17 of 52
Latest reply

I have looked in my Click & Send history and it was sent to the correct address, as of yet, I have not heard back from the buyer today

The buyer is very familiar because he purchased from me on QS and they left several neutral feedbacks but even this was 5 months ago.

Tracking says is was delivered at the local depot which on the maps is 2 suburbsa away, will be rining AP later to see if that means if it was picked up by the buyer at the depot or whether it was actually delivered to the street address

One way to possibly be even more accurate and prevent INR disputes is making sure you get a signature on delivery from the buyer. As once they sign for it, that's it... they have it. Click & Send seems accurate and safe 99% of the tme but especially if it's a re-seller (who may be trying to scam you to save money on things they're re-selling), it's good to get that signature.

I guess they could then make up some other excuse... maybe it's a cynical way of looking at things. I once sold a near-flawless CD to a seller who said (nicely) that it didn't work. Haven't had any other complaints about any other CD from anyone else. I did refund because maybe it genuinely didn't work but you just never know. It's good that most buyers (and sellers too) are genuine.

Message 18 of 52
Latest reply

Parcels sent by click & send are covered by Paypal seller protection. I had same issue before. Buyer can't get refund from Paypal, but can leave negative feedback, and make sure you contact Ebay ASAP if that happens.

You should lodge an investigation with Post. There is a chance that Post marked it as delivered by mistake.

Message 19 of 52
Latest reply

That is, if the parcel was sent as you say, that is by “parcel post with tracking” then they, the seller would have been provided with a receipt by AP,  a receipt which not only contains the date on which the parcel was handed over but also the suburb to which it was to be delivered, and PayPal Policy clearly states that such a receipt is proof of postage for PayPal Seller Protection. purposes.

How do you know it was posted over the counter and a receipt received? The red and express satchels can be put in the box and you just keep the sender receipt. You then have absolutely no proof, even if it appears in tracking, where it was posted to.

If it is click & send then you can still place them straight in the box without a PO receipt but if they show up in tracking then you have your poof of posting and the C$S records have the actual address but if they are placed in the box and never appear in tracking all you have proof of is that you paid for a label.

Anyway why should Lyndal tell you the name of her seller? She has acted correctly, she has told Paypal she has not received the item and Paypal has refunded her as they should. Neither you or Lyndal know if that refund was paid by the seller or Paypal, if the seller had a postcode or c&s receipt then the refund should have been paid by Paypal, if the seller didn't know or care how to make that happen it is not Lyndal's fault nor her responsibility to tell her facts she should have known.

Your post seems to be attacking Lyndal as she did something wrong!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 52
Latest reply