Local 4075 pickup item but 1 bidder from Italy

Got an old tredley listed for local pickup only - with 2 bidders ATM, however one is from Italy.

Postage:   Free Local Pickup | See details
                                      Item location: Oxley, QLD, Australia
                                      Posts to: Local pick-up only

I advised them the item is collect only & am not willing to export this item, no reply yet after 26hrs. Is possible they didnt notice the location details or....

? Can I cancel their bid or is there a better way to sort it.

I could let the auction run but they may win .

regards,

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cancel the bid.

Make sure you have your settings set to exclude 'locations I don't post to', and have your preferences set to 'exclude buyers from locations I don't post to'.

Cancel the bid. If you don't, the other bidder could legitimately complain that you allowed a spurious bid in order to maximise the price. Which would be the case, as you know the other bidder is not going to collect.

The other scenario is that the Italian is in Oz on holidays, has moved here, or has a relative here who will soon be going to Italy. Which you would resolve by asking them.

Hmmm, 26 hours. That's from 7pm Friday to 9pm Saturday our time. If they are in fact in, or have an agent in, Oz not exactly business hours.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You actually don't have to exclude bids from anywhere, if you make sure that no international postage option is selected and have the block in place to stop anyone with a primary delivery address you do not post to from bidding you are safe although it is not unknown for people from the other side of Australia to bid although they cannot pick up!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply