Buyer claims vynly record arrived warped.

I recently sold a record which I described as Mint. I could do this because I bought it directly from the man who used to run the record company and was disposing of his remaining stock. The buyer has complained that the LP arrived warped. Am I entitled to expect the buyer to supply a photo of the damaged disc before I refund him? If the damage occurred during the shipping process am I responsible?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It would be completely reasonable to ask for pics and buyers should be willing to provide them in order to show the seller they are not scamming.

If the item was damaged in transit, then definitely refund and claim from Aus Post.

No point in getting back a damaged item.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If the buyer wants a refund then the buyer needs to return it to you before you give a refund.

And if it was damaged in transit unless you bought insurance then yes you're responsible for it.

AP do state that you need to make sure the parcel is secure enough that if they dropped 20+ kilos on it it shouldn't get damaged.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. The only problem for me is that I would have to pay the return postage cost. If the record was, in fact, warped, I would have to refund him in full as well as paying for the original total cost. This would mean that I lost more than if I simply took his word and refunded his money. is it reasonable for me to ask him to supply an image of the allegedly damaged disc?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Don't you have buyer pays for returns in your listings?

Sure you can ask the buyer for a photo and if you believe it to be the record you sent and indeed it's warped then by all means refund.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

You can ask, but in the end if he doesn't provide pics eBay will still find in his favour.

It IS summer and AP don't aircondition their trailers or the back of their vans.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

Don't you have buyer pays for returns in your listings?

Sure you can ask the buyer for a photo and if you believe it to be the record you sent and indeed it's warped then by all means refund.

What has that to do with 'not as described'? That is for COM.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Yes you're correct and I am wrong.

Seller needs to provide return postage label for INAD.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks all. It has always been my policy to refund in full straight away if an item is not received or the damage claim is believable.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

It would be completely reasonable to ask for pics and buyers should be willing to provide them in order to show the seller they are not scamming.

If the item was damaged in transit, then definitely refund and claim from Aus Post.

No point in getting back a damaged item.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply