Buyer does not know how to use item, gave negative feedback.

I was anticipating my first negative feedback and I got one.

I sold an original gameboy console to a gentleman, he gave me negative feedback saying it works only "intermittently".

The gameboy console (came out in the 80s), is a catridge based system. If a game only works "intermittently", it's 99.99 % due to a dirty catridge. There are many youtube videos teaching you how to clean the game catridges.

I'm also selling 20 - 30 these game catridges. I cleaned them all by myself and tested them all on the gamboy I sold to this gentleman. They all work fine without any issues. Without cleaning, 60% - 70% of these games wouldn't work or only work on and off.

So I believe the gameboy I sold has no problems and buyer's own game is to blame since he never mentioned that he cleaned his games. So I contacted buyer nicely and suggested he should follow youtube videos and clean his games. I also followed up his negative feedback and explained that.

And of course, I never heard from buyer again. He went completely silent.

Is there anything else I can do?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8

Thank you. I did that, and also thanks for the help in the other thread.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

🙂 I hope they respond
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@huatao1975 wrote:

I was anticipating my first negative feedback and I got one.

Is there anything else I can do?  Thank you.

firstly, never reply to a feedback from a buyer if you are wanting the buyer’s feedback revised.  The buyer probably feels peeved that they have an item they are not entirely happy with and they may interpret your reply to their feedback as blame shifting.

Secondly, never send a feedback revision request until you have messaged back and forth with the buyer and have an undertaking from them that they are receptive to revising the feedback they left.

The reason I say this is twofold:

1 - you only get one shot at having the feedback revised by the buyer, and

2 - the revision will time-out if the buyer feels they need time to think about revising

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

3. Sellers only get a limited number of feedback revision requests, so it is best not to use them unless fairly sure the revision will go ahead.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Seriously, I'd just let it go. Ebay aren't going to remove that feedback because it's the buyers opinion of the transaction. You gave a good reply, without being a psycho about it (trust me, some replies are just horrid!). 99.9% of buyers won't have a single issue with you having 1 neg. Heck, they'll buy off Chinese sellers with thousands of negs!

Me personally, I wouldn't even bat an eye at that neg. What would stand out to me is the reply. You were polite in your reply and that means a lot to so many people. Some sellers go into an abusive rant and it wouldn't matter how much I wanted their item, I wouldn't buy it. I want to know that if there is an issue with the item I bought, the seller will be professional about it, not abuse me and call me every name under the sun.

Most of us have had a neg, whether it's deserved or not. Yours has already fallen off the first page. It always sucks when you get one, but it's not the end of the world. It will be gone in 12 months and any buyer who looks at your feedback can see that pretty much everyone is happy with their purchase.

As mentioned, I wouldn't send a feedback revision request. Your buyer will ignore it and it will be a waste of a revision that you could use at a later date.

Chalk it up to experience. In a couple of weeks, it won't even bother you. Remember, it's only a coloured dot on a screen.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Now I have a much better idea about this feedback / revision system.

I sent my revision request already, before knowing revisions are limited. Still no replies from buyer. I hope he can figure it out and clean his game himself one day.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

oh no....it was all in the link^^^

good luck anyway
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply