Buyer return time expired

Hi all, just an update to this one, Buyer requested a return and refund, and I accidently accepted, but as there is no reverse allowed on that one, I sent off a postal label and waited more than the required time, but buyer didn't bother to return the item. So, I opened a case with ebay, and lost it within half an hour. Ebay sent off a label, still no reply, and the dispute expires today.  Ebay says it will then reverse their action and the case will be no longer. Ok, I get to have my funds unfrozen, but after more than three weeks while this scumbag mucks me around. As the buyer, surely ebay can take some action against him after all the delays caused. If it was a seller at fault, they would be kicked in the head I'm sure.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Given you accepted the return, it pretty much tied eBay's hands. You have your money back, so that is probably the best result you could expect. Don't forget to cancel the label, if you can.

As you are aware, if the rules are followed, buyers are a protected species.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, they sure are. I cannot believe the number of former ebay sellers I speak to of late who have pulled the pin on selling. Really, only the sellers doing brand new items are safe to continue, even then, there are plenty of scamming buyers who will pull a false claim on them also. Far too risky with used items, as I learnt the hard way. Anyway, I'm finished with selling after this episode.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I sell used books.

I have had ONE possibly dodgy transaction in more than 3000, so I wouldn't necessarily agree with you. Or the selected others.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Understand what you say Dave, I also had almost ten years and no buyer issues either, but ebay has revved up the blowtorch on the sellers so it looks like open season on them.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Similar happened to me. I accepted a return and the buyer failed to return the item within 7 days. I went through the "ask eBay to step in carp", and naturally funds.were frozen. I immediately rang eBay and asked them to close the case as the buyer has not returned the item within the time limit. Case closed in my favour.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Hi, you got the issue resolved easily, I had to escalate it to a claim when the item didn't reurn, but then ebay gave the buyer another ten days to comply. That time expired two days ago, case is still showing as waiting for buyer to return item. I have had the funds frozen for far too long and will be calling them today to give them what for. Way too many lifelines are available to the buyer, while the seller hangs from the tree.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Hi all, can you believe this?  9.05am today I get an email from ebay, case is now closed as there has been no reply or return from the buyer.   All Paypal funds released.    12.20pm today, another email saying the case is on hold for a further 5 days as the ebay system had a glitch and the buyer must be given extra time to return the item. What the hell is going on I ask?   Called ebay and got nowhere with the first contact spoken to, requested a supervisor and it was just like a recorded message, the buyer must get his 10 days to return. He's already had 3 weeks from when he requested a refund, and didn't follow through with it. I say closed is closed and if it's a faulkt in the system, so be it. This case just goes from bad to worse. Buyer gets bailed out yet again by big brother. I have been assured that next Friday the case will expire for certain. We will see.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Try ebay's facebook page.

Some people have have said they got satisfaction from there.

Nothing to lose.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Just bumping this thread for another member who is having a similar problem with ebay releasing her funds then extending the dispute time for several more days.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply