Buyer says item not received , Reason buyer has no letterbox.

I had a bit of a chuckle to myself this morning.

Waking up checking messages and seen the dreaded

I haven't received my item yet:

The small parcel was tracked with auspost and delivered within 3 days and is shown as delivered.

Buyer says its still not received.

I did a check check on google maps with street view of the delivery address.

And noticed the house has no letterbox ....Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You do have to realize that google maps view would have been taken a while ago so there would probably be a letter box there now so the buyer could be telling the truth.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Take a look the buyer's "Feedback left for others".

If they have left feedback for other sellers around the same time-frame as yours this probably indicates that other deliveries have been getting thru OK.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

There is a possibility if the postman could not deliver the item (due to lack of post box or item being too large) that the parcel is waiting for collection at their local PO.

If this is the case, a notification of this should be delivered to the recipient (possibly under the front door) that the parcel is waiting for collection at their PO.

I would suggest to them that they contact their PO and see if its waiting there for them. Since it had a tracking no. it should be fairly straightforward for the Post office to find it.

Failing that YOU could do the detective work and contact the PO yourself, since the buyer seems a little incapable !!!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Double check by asking nicely for the buyer to confirm their address, check that it corresponds with the address provided on the transaction, if the pais with PP, double chekc the address on your PP account transaction (they have been known to be different!)

If there address differs, then let them know, that this may be the problem.

As long as you have sent it to the address specified on the transaction and Aus Post tracking says it is delivered AND you have proof of lodgement detailing the address specified, then you will have no problem.

If however you have no proff of lodgement it might be a bit tougher.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

sounds like a rort..make sure you have item tracked either by ebay satchel or registered post..we've had a couple of buyers try to test the waters and rort us..not anymore..everything we post is now registered and trackable..we learnt the hard way..but Always make sure the item is trackable..it will solve the "I havent received my item yet"...

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Insurance can be added to "over the counter" parcels for $1.50/$100. For some reason SOD is required for the ebay postage (and over $300). Most orders I send are under 500g though.

Years ago when I was delivering mail, a guys mailbox just fell off the fence it was balancing on.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Did you do the right thing and put it back onto the fence? lol

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@onlinecoinslismore wrote:

Double check by asking nicely for the buyer to confirm their address, check that it corresponds with the address provided on the transaction, if the pais with PP, double chekc the address on your PP account transaction (they have been known to be different!)

If there address differs, then let them know, that this may be the problem.

As long as you have sent it to the address specified on the transaction and Aus Post tracking says it is delivered AND you have proof of lodgement detailing the address specified, then you will have no problem.

If however you have no proff of lodgement it might be a bit tougher.

PROVIDED it is the address provided in the Paypal transaction. The address given when you first sell the item is not necessarily correct, and will not qualify for Paypal protection if it differs from the one the buyer uses when they pay.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply