Buyer wants a return as pants too short

jvdv
Community Member

Hi - Sold a pair of hiking pants which the buyer now wants to return as the legs are too short - he says "You should have absolutely made it clearer these pants were short leg - I'm 6 foot tall, and they came to just below my knee. Not happy"

. - however in the listing I gave the waist and leg measurements with the following comment:

"Inside Leg to Cuff - 66 cms (Note short leg length)"

I know eBay leans on the side of the buyer when it comes to disputes but am I really obliged to accept the return?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You’ve even made a notation of ‘short leg length’. I don’t see how eBay could possibly side with the buyer, but then I’m talking about common sense.

After some of the issues I’m aware of it’s pretty damn difficult to pre-empt any eBay decision. I’d be careful with this and be sure that the outcome was not simply a ‘robotic’ one. You may need to speak with eBay directly.

More experienced sellers will be along to assist soon enough.

I wish you well.

Melina.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Are these the same hiking pants that you posted about a month or so ago ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Yep, saw that Kopes but they sold 2 pairs of hiking pants within a few days of each other.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Oh Gawd!!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@jvdv wrote:

he says "You should have absolutely made it clearer these pants were short leg - I'm 6 foot tall, and they came to just below my knee. Not happy"

Man this phrase in messages really bugs me, lol. The type of people who put that in messages are always the more difficult ones, and the sarcastic side of me always wants to reply with just saying "Sneezy?" Since I assume we're playing a Seven Dwarfs version of Guess Who. Smiley Embarassed

You're not obliged to accept a return, and if they have opened a request but you don't have the option to decline it, get in touch with eBay by phone, ask them to check the listing and the buyer's reason for the request, point out you don't accept remorse returns and try to get them to resolve the case in your favour (or, if you can, get their assurance, in writing, that if escalated the case will be decided in your favour).

ETA: In future, however, I recommend designing your listings with this kind of info in the title and item specifics. Better to avoid the problems all together. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

No, they're a different pair.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@jvdv wrote:
No, they're a different pair.

Ok, take Digi's advice then.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@jvdv wrote:

[...] Not happy"

Man this phrase in messages really bugs me, lol. The type of people who put that in messages are always the more difficult ones, and the sarcastic side of me always wants to reply with just saying "Sneezy?" Since I assume we're playing a Seven Dwarfs version of Guess Who. Smiley Embarassed

... or ... nothappyj.gif

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply