Buyers making demands are paying late

I have a buyer who paid for item 5 days late.With no communication.Then makes demands on what they want sent with the item.If he'd communicated during the auction or early after the auction I would not have been bothered with him.It's going to take a few days to get the things together he has asked for and the item has to go to Perth which will take a few extra days.

It is a signed concert programme .He wants proof it's mine and I was the one that got it signed and the concert ticket .Or a copy of it anyway.How do I prove it is mine.Why do I have to somehow prove it's mine.Of course it's mine.I listed it.I think he might cause problems.Well he is already.The progamme is one that was given out to Fan club members when they bought VIP seats at a concert.The signatures are genuine .On different programmes there are differences in the signatures.Also I was told by staff of Fan Club that band members signed each programme.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is nothing to do with your question (to which I would say hang on I think it might be a bumpy ride!), but just an observation about the listing you are refering to. Did you know that it says "If free POT is offered, it is only within Aust"?

If you use a listing template, it might be time for some judicious editing - before a squad turn up and kick down your door at 2am!!!

Marina.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I can't figure out why the person didn't ask before bidding!!

Is it possible to message them and say you can post the item so it will get there in good time but the documents will come a few days later (with you to message when they are on their way) as it will take a few days to collect them.

If you didn't offer all that documentation in the listing then I don't see how they can demand it all now.

Just do the best you can but I also think you are in for a bumpy ride here.

Or-if you think it will be too much of a pain to get together all that documentation, just tell them that. Say it is genuine but you don't have that documentation, you never claimed to have that documentation in the ad & are not sure if you can get it all, so, they can ask for a cancellation of the sale and you would be happy to okay it if they are worried.

Personally I think that would be your best bet.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I would reply saying that there was no documentation advertised and you will be keeping it anyway in case you need proof at a later date that the signature is genuine.

I can see where the buer is coming from, if they are buying it with a view to reselling at a later date they will need to prove authenticity. If you have proof in the form of a ticket or somesuch then offer to email them a scan of the same.

I would also tell them that if they want to cancel to message you through ebay requesting to cancel, that way you will not end up with any defcts or fees and can dispute a neg as t was cancelled at their request.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Haven't found ticket yet but have the VIP pass that was with the programme when I collected it

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply