Buyers with 2 addresses listed ?

Hey everyone,

I seem to be getting this alot lately.

Buyers having a street address and a PO box listed on there account. (same on paypal account)

The postman is only going to have one go at it, not go to the next address if not known at the address.

Now this wouldnt otherwise bother me however im getting a number of them returned to sender, then the buyer complains they havnt received, I explain the situation, then they expect me to pay for another stamp and resend it.

I started sending a paypal payment requests for the price of another stamp to cover my cost. From a buyers perspective, im sure sounds petty, but I think all sellers will agree the high postage costs can eat in to your profits.

Also the time i takes to explain the situation going back and forth with emails and requests to solve the issue, sometimes I think its just easyer to ware the cost.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Wazz

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Buyers with 2 addresses listed ?

The address you get from Paypal is the one the buyer has SPECIFICALLY used when checking out through eBay. The one on the sold notice is hteir default address, which may or may not be current, and if overridden at checkout is not valid.

If you check your sold item AFTER payment, the address will be the same as the one furnished by eBay.

Never jump the gun.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

I send to the one in Paypal but if it has the same with street and PO box I will address it to PO box only
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I put both in.

i reckon it can't hurt, and I've never had a RTS doing it.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I have more than one address listed; my P.O. Box and my street address.  I prefer my parcels to go to the P.O. box so I do not need to be home when they are delivered (my dog chews any parcels left in her reach) but some sellers will not send to P.O. boxes.  When you check out with Paypal you can nominate your address so you should just send to the nominated address. 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@carolheath-2008 wrote:

I have more than one address listed; my P.O. Box and my street address.  I prefer my parcels to go to the P.O. box so I do not need to be home when they are delivered (my dog chews any parcels left in her reach) but some sellers will not send to P.O. boxes.  When you check out with Paypal you can nominate your address so you should just send to the nominated address. 

The one I had that had put both addresses, still had both addresses in PayPal, that's why I put both. I figured if anything happen, it might cover me that bit better, rather than take a guess as to which one. There were enough lines on the padded bag, it was good to be able to use them all LOL!!

I'm not sure why people in Aus have issues posting to a PO box, unless it's a freight item. I know there can be issues in the US, maybe that's what has them worried here.

(Edited to add additions.)

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Re. sellers not allowing P.O. box delivery:  There are so many sellers who do not like to deal with Auspost and prefer to use courier only, thus cannot dleiver to P.O. boxes.  I purchased an item today from a seller who uses courier but after I explained the dilema I have with my naughty dog they agreed to send it by Australia Post.  

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

A lot of sellers who specify no PO boxes DO use Aust Post and I wonder if they have got that idea from the US where it's not supposed to be as safe (can't remember the exact reason). I have seen sellers of small items that get delivered in a padded bag specify no PO box.

I know why freight items need a land address, but I don't get it with letters and small parcels going through the regular post.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Just a couple of things to add. 

• My local PO staff have told me delivery to a PO Box is much safer, so if ever there is a choice, they say use the PO Box
  • I have seen both as well a couple of times and so I address to both, never had a return, but it hasn't been that often.  On each ocassion it was to a regional address, so thought maybe they had some arrangement with their local PO
  • Also, going way back, I'm pretty sure articles posted to a PO box, had to fit in the box, whereas these days the PO will hold articles inside
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply