CAnt turn off best offer

1. I always turn this setting off. NEVER have it turned on. Just got an offer (and hence the reason why I have it turned off) for almost half the advertised price. How has this magicaly turned itself on ??  I have refused the offer and gone into the item but the check box with a tick in it is now greyed out and I cant turn it off. 

Any ideas ???? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

CAnt turn off best offer

Probably greyed as it has had an offer and the buyer can submit 2 more counter offers.

Haven't heard of it turning itself on, only that if it's been used in the past it can default as turned on if a BIN is added to a listing.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

CAnt turn off best offer

If you relist an item after its 3 free relists, you might find that the 'Best Offer' box is ticked by default. Under All Selling> Unsold, when you click on one of the items listed, you will probably see:

relist.jpg

As you can see, the 'Best Offer' box is checked - I NEVER have Best Offer enabled, and have to uncheck it every time before I relist.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

CAnt turn off best offer

Thing is the listing has been running happily for about 2 years (I just up the quantity when it gets low) and it has always been turned off. 

Oh well guess the ebay fairies having been out spreading joy dust and got some of the sh*t on my listing ! 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

CAnt turn off best offer

It has been happening to me also on about 20 of my items. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

CAnt turn off best offer

tay2p
Community Member
Ditto with me. Another feature I never addled for. Sucks.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply