Calculating postage and help with Lebanese buyer (language problem)

cat_kitkat
Community Member
Hi,

I have two questions here:

1) How accurate is the Austpost postage calculator? Sometimes I use it to calculate approximate postage only to find out it costs much more to send when I go to the post office to send the item.

2) I have a buyer in Lebanon who could not understand when I asked for his address. I explained that I needed a house number, street name, suburb, postcode etc but all I got was directions to his house.

If anyone in the community speaks Lebanese can I give you his Ebay name and ask you to explain to him how his address should be written so I can send his item?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There is a site called Google Translate. Find it and type your buyer's words into it to find out if you can translate them into English. If you can then you should be able to translate a message to him into his language and email it to him.

TCT
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Do you include the exact parcels measurements and weight (not the dimensions/weight of the item unpacked) in the australia post calculator to determine the correct volumetric weight?

For the correct country address syntax (big word for correct way to type address) for any country that is a signatory to the UPU (universal postal union)

click on the link and select Lebanon from the pages drop down menu

http://www.upu.int/nc/en/activities/addressing/postal-addressing-systems-in-member-countries.html

direct link below to Lebanon postal syntax rules

http://www.upu.int/fileadmin/documentsFiles/activities/addressingUnit/lbnEn.pdf

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

International parcel postage cost is calculated on weight only.  The calculator is accurate as long as the weight you enter is correct.  The postage is increased with every additional 1/4kg of weight.  If you enter the parcel as being, lets say, just under 500g, and the AP scales find it is over, you will pay the next postage up.

You can see how international parcel postage is calculated here, just select the country:

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

What is your full address in arabic for Lebanon -

ู…ุง ู‡ูˆ ุนู†ูˆุงู†ูƒ ุงู„ูƒุงู…ู„

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Might be wise to check with Australia Post if the item you sold can be send there too, some countries ban some items from being sent into the country

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply