Can I sell my ebay store?

Does anybody know if I can sell my ebay store?

I have tried ringing customer service and the twit on the other end of the phone says he "thinks" I can.

Has anybody done this?

or enquired about doing this?

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

@thecatspjs wrote:

Consent is an online submission process - such as when when we submit our request to join eBay and agree to their terms and conditions and they consent to let us sell OR not.

Can you guarantee that when you update the Personal Information section on eBay with new details, eBay understands that a completely different person is now running the account, and it's not just that the account holder's personal details have changed? 

It is pretty standard for account providers to provide account holders the ability to make adjustments to their personal information...I've never come across them anywhere where they have been interpreted as a consent form for transferring an account from one person to another. 

Message 11 of 88
Latest reply

You should probably look at an ebAY store as being similiar to a Franchise being run by eBay (they allow you to use their intellectal property).  So while if using your business to run an eBay store, you can sell that business eBay has to agree to the new Franchisee using the site.  eg your business XYZ pty ltd runs a ABC Child Care centre you sell XYZ pty Ltd to new owners, they MAY need to get the agreement of ABC before they can operate the centre depending on the Franchise agreement even though its still the same company name on the Franchise.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 12 of 88
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

Consent is an online submission process - such as when when we submit our request to join eBay and agree to their terms and conditions and they consent to let us sell OR not.

Can you guarantee that when you update the Personal Information section on eBay with new details, eBay understands that a completely different person is now running the account, and it's not just that the account holder's personal details have changed? 

It is pretty standard for account providers to provide account holders the ability to make adjustments to their personal information...I've never come across them anywhere where they have been interpreted as a consent form for transferring an account from one person to another. 

Can I guarantee anything on eBay...... ???   My goodness you have lost the plot surely.

Message 13 of 88
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

You should probably look at an ebAY store as being similiar to a Franchise being run by eBay (they allow you to use their intellectal property).  So while if using your business to run an eBay store, you can sell that business eBay has to agree to the new Franchisee using the site.  eg your business XYZ pty ltd runs a ABC Child Care centre you sell XYZ pty Ltd to new owners, they MAY need to get the agreement of ABC before they can operate the centre depending on the Franchise agreement even though its still the same company name on the Franchise.

Interesting.

However franchinsing does not apply to eBay AFAIK.  The arrangements and regulations that would apply in a franchise situation are not reflected in our user agreements nor in the general trading arrangements that are available to sellers signing up to the standard T&C.

Whilst we may sell on the eBay platform, individuals and businesses have an identity that is separate and distinct from the eBay brand.

Message 14 of 88
Latest reply

Sorry i didn't say it was a Franchise I said you should "probably look at an eBay store as being similar to a Franchise" 

I fully understand its not a Franchise or needs to meet the Franchising Code of Conduct, however there are similarities in that a store seller (or seller in general) is using the eBay label to promote sales as opposed their own web site, and they pay a fee on unit sales, and there are strict guidelines on how a seller will conduct business on the site.

Message 15 of 88
Latest reply

Further an eBay store is a temporary business investment involving subscribing to an opportunity to sell, not the purchase of a business ownership, and is a wasting asset due to the finite term of the subscription.  That is similiar to a Franchise.

Message 16 of 88
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

Further an eBay store is a temporary business investment involving subscribing to an opportunity to sell, not the purchase of a business ownership, and is a wasting asset due to the finite term of the subscription.  That is similiar to a Franchise.

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg

Message 17 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

My goodness you have lost the plot surely.

Ony if I had expected you to say yes, either to the question I asked or the one you chose to answer. Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 88
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Ony if I had expected you to say yes, either to the question I asked or the one you chose to answer. Smiley LOL

Well have a laugh at my expense then DG if it makes you feel good  Cat LOL

Message 19 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

Well have a laugh at my expense then DG if it makes you feel good  Cat LOL

Oh please, I've copped so many from you, been told I was "sad" upteen times, and even that I had a mental illness, so don't try to play the martyr now. Smiley Indifferent

I asked a pretty simple question, it was largely ignored, and none of my other points were addressed. I have to laugh otherwise the frustration would get to me.

Message 20 of 88
Latest reply