Can I sell my ebay store?

Does anybody know if I can sell my ebay store?

I have tried ringing customer service and the twit on the other end of the phone says he "thinks" I can.

Has anybody done this?

or enquired about doing this?

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

@digital*ghost wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

Ony if I had expected you to say yes, either to the question I asked or the one you chose to answer. Smiley LOL

Well have a laugh at my expense then DG if it makes you feel good  Cat LOL

Oh please, I've copped so many from you, been told I was "sad" upteen times, and even that I had a mental illness, so don't try to play the martyr now. Smiley Indifferent

I asked a pretty simple question, it was largely ignored, and none of my other points were addressed. I have to laugh otherwise the frustration would get to me.

Cat Surprised 

I answered your question that was not a question but a set up AFAIK

Your other comments about posts not in this thread are IMO sad - move on, you are not above dishing it out as well.  

Message 21 of 88
Latest reply

straw.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 22 of 88
Latest reply

so-you-want-a-meme-fight.jpg

Message 23 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Cat Surprised 

Your other comments about posts not in this thread are IMO sad - move on, you are not above dishing it out as well.  

And there it is, the "sad" thing agian. Nice.

I find your response when other people do the same things you do (use a smiley face, mention other posts they've written and so on), interesting. 

And if it was a set up, it could only be one if you couldn't answer the questions or dispute my points. Your posts advising people that all they have to do is change the account name seemed quite matter of fact to me (you even told AM to use her brain to see that). So, I asked you if you can guarantee that the process of updating account details was in fact a process to tell eBay someone else is running the account. You seemed pretty darn sure, otherwise - since I know you have a particular dislike for board furphies - you wouldn't be advising people to do something you yourself weren't sure of.

There are a lot of things on eBay that can be guaranteed, in the sense that when someone asks the procedure to do something, people can say "this it it, here's the info, and here's the page to take you through the process". etc. If you can't do that with your advice, you shouldn't proclaim it as fact. 

Message 24 of 88
Latest reply

meme.jpg

Message 25 of 88
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

Cat Surprised 

And there it is, the "sad" thing agian. Nice.

I find your response when other people do the same things you do (use a smiley face, mention other posts they've written and so on), interesting. 

And if it was a set up, it could only be one if you couldn't answer the questions or dispute my points. Your posts advising people that all they have to do is change the account name seemed quite matter of fact to me (you even told AM to use her brain to see that). So, I asked you if you can guarantee that the process of updating account details was in fact a process to tell eBay someone else is running the account. You seemed pretty darn sure, otherwise - since I know you have a particular dislike for board furphies - you wouldn't be advising people to do something you yourself weren't sure of.

There are a lot of things on eBay that can be guaranteed, in the sense that when someone asks the procedure to do something, people can say "this it it, here's the info, and here's the page to take you through the process". etc. If you can't do that with your advice, you shouldn't proclaim it as fact. 

"other people" = several regular posting IDs

"fact" = my opinion and/or my experience

I posted based on my experience and opinion about changing account details. I have done it, simple as that, no problems. Emails sent via eBay after this was done, reflected these changes, indicating their acceptance as far as I am concerned.

I think my experience is supported based on the available facts and policy about changing eBay profiles on site map, and more generally the relevant internet acceptance legislative framework in Oz.

I would also add that as eBay does not (generally) verify account holder details in the first place nor relevant business details they would not really have an idea whether a business had changed hands or not.

Commonsense should prevail, surely.

Message 26 of 88
Latest reply

553.gif

Message 27 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I posted based on my experience and opinion about changing account details. I have done it, simple as that, no problems. Emails sent via eBay after this was done, reflected these changes, indicating their acceptance as far as I am concerned.

I think my experience is supported based on the available facts and policy about changing eBay profiles on site map, and more generally the relevant internet acceptance legislative framework in Oz.

I would also add that as eBay does not (generally) verify account holder details in the first place nor relevant business details they would not really have an idea whether a business had changed hands or not.

Commonsense should prevail, surely.

Common sense tells me that when I open an account on ebay, I provide them with my details.

Common sense tells me that if I then update my registered or primary postage address, I am telling eBay that my address has changed.

Common sense tells me that if I update the name, I am telling eBay that my name has changed (which happens all the time, via marriage, divorce, and other situations). 

Message 28 of 88
Latest reply

My original post references business accounts several times. 

So not sure that my applies in the same way as you seem to be viewing it.

Message 29 of 88
Latest reply

sim.jpg

Message 30 of 88
Latest reply