Can I sell my ebay store?

Does anybody know if I can sell my ebay store?

I have tried ringing customer service and the twit on the other end of the phone says he "thinks" I can.

Has anybody done this?

or enquired about doing this?

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

@thecatspjs wrote:

My original post references business accounts several times. 

So not sure that my applies in the same way as you seem to be viewing it.

Ok, but I don't see any special rules for business accounts, so what is the difference? Is a business account not registered to an individual? 

All I get on the help page is the following, which does nothing to clarify things for me:

"The process and information required are similar to registering as an individual, with the added advantage of being able to add your business name to your account." (Which makes it sound like the business name is in addition to the individual account holder's personal details, in which case I stand by all of my points). 

"Business sellers can register with a company name. That company name will be displayed in all communication with the buyer, such as invoices and emails." (That makes it sound like the company name is in place of the individual name, in which case I would concede that my points would probably not apply, but in that case there would not be an individual name to change, anyway, so neither would yours). 

Message 31 of 88
Latest reply

h5kna.jpg

Message 32 of 88
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

My original post references business accounts several times. 

So not sure that my applies in the same way as you seem to be viewing it.

Ok, but I don't see any special rules for business accounts, so what is the difference? Is a business account not registered to an individual? 

All I get on the help page is the following, which does nothing to clarify things for me:

"The process and information required are similar to registering as an individual, with the added advantage of being able to add your business name to your account." (Which makes it sound like the business name is in addition to the individual account holder's personal details, in which case I stand by all of my points). 

"Business sellers can register with a company name. That company name will be displayed in all communication with the buyer, such as invoices and emails." (That makes it sound like the company name is in place of the individual name, in which case I would concede that my points would probably not apply, but in that case there would not be an individual name to change, anyway, so neither would yours). 

Legally a business (depending on its structure) is the user - not an individual.  Makes a signficant difference to so many things including business responsibiilties under Australian consumer law.

Message 33 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Legally a business (depending on its structure) is the user - not an individual.  Makes a signficant difference to so many things including business responsibiilties under Australian consumer law.

But that still doesn't address the issue of an individual's personal information.

If I own a business, and I get myself an ABN and register that business in my name, I can't just go to ASIC and say, guess what, the person running the business has changed, so here's the new info. Things are - legally - much more formal than that (or bureaucratic, take your pick),  it requires an application, not a submission. That is a business responsibility. 

I still see no solid argument yet for such circumstances to be different on eBay. 

Message 34 of 88
Latest reply

What personal information ?

A contact name is not really a whole of personal information.

Message 35 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

h5kna.jpg

You might want to use one of these Cats 😄

**bleep**slap_a.gif     handbags_a.gif

Joono
Message 36 of 88
Latest reply

Lol Joono ~ all of the above seem most apt Cat LOL

Message 37 of 88
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

What personal information ?

A contact name is not really a whole of personal information.

It's enough to say "this is who the business is registered to".

And it's enough to say "this is who the eBay account is registered to".

Message 38 of 88
Latest reply

cat.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 39 of 88
Latest reply

images2.jpg

Message 40 of 88
Latest reply