Can I sell my ebay store?

It should be a simple transfer to another persons ebay id where the feedback for the store would now be the new store owners feedback.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm pretty sure the answer is NO but hopefully someone with more knowledge will give an answer soon.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I think the problem will be that Ebay consider your store (your business) to belong to them ... even though YOU have made the investment of money and time and funded losses on the way through. The upside belongs to ebay.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I think this would probably be an internal agreement where you remove your physical and email addresses, paypal connections etc. Change passwords where the new owner puts in theres and takes over.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

for a start what are you selling , if your id and feedback go with it  as i asume , what if they were no good and lasy in sending goods and what ever ,I am pretty sure you cant sell your id , as thats yours , and whats stopping you opening up a new store the next day,mmmm    in shop and mortor stores you cant open for so long and so many miles away  , aqfter you sell your business  , how can you do that online.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Joe The Nuts you are right.

That's why the buyer should use their existing feedback profile.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes you can sell your eBay business but there are restrictions. You need to contact eBay.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

There was some discussion on this topic at the recent PESA conference.

The answer is YES it can be done but it has to be done with the blessing of ebay.

You do need to seek ebay permission to do so.

If you transfer your ID and business to a third party without their premission and they catch onto it the ID will almost certainly be closed down.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I remember the days when you could buy and sell your feedback score

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Clarry is right. Ebay will only allow you to sell your store to another party in a few rare circumstances. These have in the past included when a store owner has died and a family member has taken over the business or when the store has been attached to an existing major B & M business which has been sold and new owners have taken over the B & M and ebay businesses. The feedback issue that joenuts raised is often given as one reason for ebay not to allow stores to be sold.

Having said that some individuals may have sold businesses privately without ebays knowledge or consent. If you search business for sale on ebay, some listings do come up from time to time. ( I havnt tried it today )

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply